What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Hellhammer
Warrior of Metal

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Hellhammer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:20 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:My inability to find a job...its getting depressing

If you dont mind a warehousing/factory job you could ring an agency, they gave me a job the day after i rung them. its 7.50 an hour for night shifts which is a bit shit but its better than nothing

markt91
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markt91 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm spending what's supposed to be the best summer of my young life (end of A-levels, beggining of uni) stuck indoors doing basically nothing, in order to save the allready small amount of money i have for uni. I get minimum wage at my current job and get barely any hours anyway, and i can't seem to find any vacancies anywhere. I'm freaking out about having no money to actually go out and enjoy myself when i get to uni. I'm not going to get a job while i'm there because i'm worried it will screw things up academically, so i basically might have a whole year without a social life until i hopefully find a job next summer!

markt91
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markt91 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Hellhammer wrote:

If you dont mind a warehousing/factory job you could ring an agency, they gave me a job the day after i rung them. its 7.50 an hour for night shifts which is a bit shit but its better than nothing

My brother's a student and he works through the summer on £7.00 an hour at a warehouse, which keeps him going for the whole year at uni. I went to apply at the same place and they said they don't emply brothers. After a very unsuccessful job hunt, this was pretty damn annoying! :(

Hellhammer
Warrior of Metal

Postby Hellhammer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:29 pm

markt91 wrote:
Hellhammer wrote:

My brother's a student and he works through the summer on £7.00 an hour at a warehouse, which keeps him going for the whole year at uni. I went to apply at the same place and they said they don't emply brothers. After a very unsuccessful job hunt, this was pretty damn annoying! :(

is he actually working for the company who owns the warehouse? If you search on google there should be some recruitment agencies in your area. Its the easiest thing ever. They dont care about appearances (so i got it even with my long hair) no interview or anything. you just turn up and they give you a job

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:04 pm

markt91 wrote:
Hellhammer wrote:

Student loan? You do have to pay it off at the end granted but only when you reach a certain salary and the interest is linked to the Bank of England base rate (currently 0.5% - niiiice!!) It really is worth it. You won't be fabulously rich but you can easily live off it if you are careful.

Whats freaking me out? The fact that i'm moving back to Swansea in September and have no where to live, when I do find somewhere to live i'll be living with total strangers and that the number of friends I have still left in Swansea currently stands at about 2. Also - what the hell am I going to do after I finish my masters? I'm going to have no money by next October and there is no way on god's earth i'm living at home again. AARRRGGHHH - I hate being a grown up :(
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Whats freaking me out? I think i might be loseing my mind as i keep seeing thing out of the corner of my eye that arnt there
By this axe I rule

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:15 pm

The work situation. Being busy is stressfull, but at least you know the company's making money. Being really quiet is even more stressfull because you can't take comfort from that. My employers are making the right noises about working hard to keep skilled people on because its hard to retain them when things pick up and being in a consultancy, the only thing we can sell is chargeable man-hours, but we've just been taken over by a private equity company who need to see a return on their investment. Grim.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Nothing whatsoever.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Thrasher07
Consort of the Beast

Postby Thrasher07 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:30 pm

The £450 deposit on a house I have to pay by the 7th.
The £300 rent due before my student loan comes through.
Having £4 in my bank account.
My cartilage piercings being infected and a lump developing behind my ear.

Bad times for me :(

GaspodeTheWonderDog
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby GaspodeTheWonderDog » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm

A lot of job worries on here. :(

I was made redundant last week and applied for about 30 jobs in the run up to it. I got a grand total of 3 interviews out of my efforts, none of which came to anything. I'm going to sign up with an agency tomorrow to do some grass cutting work just to keep a roof over mine and the missus' head. This is where a degree and four years of retail management experience will get you. :ugh:

Agalloch for the Sophie Lancaster stage

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:40 pm

My lack of a job. Whilst my job centre training course isnt too bad as somehow I'm put on one that can teach me something and I have a placement the other 2 days a week, spending time in TNG in Birkenhead is soul destroying. Treated like I'm 4 years old and at primary school. I'm supposed to job search all day, finding a minimum of 10 suitable job leads (which there might not be). Also supposed to do this online; 12 computers for ~30/40 people. I'm alright at Maths, that doesn't go. I really don't want to spend a further 11 Friday's doing it.

Still, being out half 9 till 4 should get me used to going out all day for when I find a job. Haven't heard back from my last interview (week last Fri) so not hopeful. Crossing my fingers for Wednesday.

I'm 23. I'm single, jobless and live with my parents. Not good. :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Just paid for my car tax and now my insurance is coming up (Aug 2nd). I'm going to pay the full whack now because I'm scared I won't be able to afford it during uni... which brings me on to my next worry... there's no student parking in Lincoln unless I want to pay too much for a permit, so taking my car isn't really an option. However I need it for Bloodstock and I know I'm going to want it when I come home so getting rid isn't an option. There also isn't a garage that I could store it in. Arsearsearse. :ugh:
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:13 pm

you're welcome to lend me your car.. :eyes:

I miss my little skoda :( hiring a car for BOA is balls

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Lick Mars wrote:you're welcome to lend me your car.. :eyes:

I miss my little skoda :( hiring a car for BOA is balls

If you lived closer I would actually consider car sharing :eyes:
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 pm

I have had a few dreams recently about being jilted up the Ailse.

I'm also a bit freaked out as someone attempted to snatch my handbag from me today. They didn't manage to take and I'm fine, just a bit shocked.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...