Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Agent_Orange
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Agent_Orange » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:35 pm

gelder wrote:Look them up on the CEX website, it gives you trade-in and selling values for them

http://www.cex.co.uk/products/Gaming/Ga ... 0(NO%20PS2

there's the 60gb ps3 with no ps2 backward compatibility unboxed

Thanks, I tried CEX last night but the website wasn't loading >_<

twilightoftheidols
Denim Demon

Postby twilightoftheidols » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 am

Just finished tsaking over the entire world on Empire total war. Cornered Poland in the middle east and closed in for the kill. Then executed order 66 on my closes allys the Irquois confederacy. Rule Britannia!
Insurgency - War Thrashing Chaos - Militant Death Cult MLP due September 2017 https://insurgencythrashuk.bandcamp.com

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Just bought Fuzion Frenzy 2 for £2 at Game. God its shit. But they accidentally had the XBLA Unplugged compilation in there too :D

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

I played through one and a bit chapters of Alone In The Dark. It's ok, but I can see it getting beyond frustrating, what with the controls and awful combat system. It's pretty and unique though, on the plus side.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Why have I been left with my housemate's godawful collection of games? In the past week, I've played Mass Effect, Alone In The Dark and Halo ODST.

All three are pretty awful if you ask me. Mass Effect is basically like playing a script with a combat system that sucks arse, Alone in the Dark is really bad - the opening sequence asks you to press a button to blink. What the hell? Halo ODST just feels like a cash cow. Nothing great about it really. Also it's a Halo game.

Now I'm home and I look forward to getting up to 100 hours on Fallout 3.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I got quite into Alone In The Dark, up until you have to [spoilers]destroy the evil roots to power up your spectral vision or whatever[/spoilers] but then the game kept crashing on me and I never finished it. But still, it's a pretty decent game. I like the way it's played as a TV series, especially with the "Previously on Alone in the Dark" loading sequence.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Moonburp wrote:Why have I been left with my housemate's godawful collection of games? In the past week, I've played Mass Effect, Alone In The Dark and Halo ODST.

All three are pretty awful if you ask me. Mass Effect is basically like playing a script with a combat system that sucks arse, Alone in the Dark is really bad - the opening sequence asks you to press a button to blink. What the hell? Halo ODST just feels like a cash cow. Nothing great about it really. Also it's a Halo game.

You don't like Mass Effect :o It's awesome!

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 pm

gelder wrote:
Moonburp wrote:Why have I been left with my housemate's godawful collection of games? In the past week, I've played Mass Effect, Alone In The Dark and Halo ODST.

You don't like Mass Effect :o It's awesome!

I dunno, I really couldn't get into it at all. I thought that it was going to be great, but I didn't get on with it at all and stopped playing after a few hours.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Mass Effect isn't bad, but isn't mind-blowing. When i first played it I was all 'A whole universe to explore?!?! hells yeah!' but then I realise only five or so planets were actually exploreable (limited to a single city on each, and a limited ammount of quests), and a handful of others were identikit driving sections. That was annoying as hell.

Skuld
Leather Rebel

Postby Skuld » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:06 am

Free Team Fortress 2 weekend.

Get preloading: http://store.steampowered.com/news/3248/

The miserably inactive BOA group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bloodstock/

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 pm

quick question

NHL 09 or NHL 2k9??

any help appreciated!!
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Isn't that just two ways of referring to the same thing..?

DF: I'm in year 27 now, got 276 dwarves, an impenetrable fortress, a Queen, a military filled with legendary champions, and more artefacts than you can shake a steel high boot at. I've broken into my glowing pit, slaughtered the demons, pilfered all the adamantine, and forged the most powerful weapons in the game. I've repelled ~50 sieges, killing/capturing >1000 goblins in the process. I've captured and tamed several dragons and hydras, and killed a few Bronze Colossuses and Titans.

Bah, winning is boring. Might abandon my fortress and start over.
~ Adam Jenson

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:51 pm

manowarrior wrote:quick question

NHL 09 or NHL 2k9??

any help appreciated!!

EA's NHL series always outdoes the 2K brand, if it was basketball i'd say go for the 2K game :yes:

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Skuld wrote:The miserably inactive BOA group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bloodstock/

I'll be back shortly when I get my new comp and can actually run half the games I want to :D

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:34 am

I just forbade all the alcohol in my fortress, killed the Duke Consort by flooding a room with magma, killed the Duchess by downing her, dropped a cavern roof on ~40 of my finest soldiers, and shot several civilian dwarves with ballistae arrows. Needless to say, half of my fortress is now tantruming, and several have gone berserk - destroying bridges, roads and doors, as well as attacking innocent bystanders. My fortress population has plummeted to a measly 198, my self-named Dwarf ('WorMzy' Cagithrigòth) met the business end of a steel-tipped ballista arrow, and half my Dwarves are stuck outside the fortress because some idiot destroyed the bridge that connected the main fortress with the courtyard.

Losing is fun~
~ Adam Jenson