The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Yeah you need to let go of her. But to properly move on, not the kind where you try go with other girls but still end up pining after her. I had something similar with a friend years and years ago, but to make things easier for me he started acting like a prick, so one day when I decided 'actually hes a prick. Hes not worth it at all' it made it a lot easier to forget about it. Still, I think putting yourself and your self confidence first, and thinking 'there should be people pining after ME not T'OTHER way round!' does actually help.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Cheers guys, glad to see I'm not alone on this.
I've tried to get over her many times before, but it never really works. All that happens is I'll like someone else for a little while, get shot down and then go back to Hannah. It's so annoying, we'd be perfect together, I'd do anything for her. Hell, at one point I was being more of a boyfriend to her than her own boyfriend was! I was taking her to the cinema, taking her out to dinner and stuff and he did nothing! It was like I was the boyfriend in financial terms and as far as dating goes, but he was the boyfriend that got all the kisses and sex.
This is why I don't want to be this nice guy anymore, I'm a pushover for a pretty girl and I shouldn't be. But then, that's easier said than done :lol:
Besides, I know I'll always be a sucker for Hannah. I can convince myself that I won't fall for her again, that she's with Tom and that's it, there's no chance for me. But then I see her and it all comes flooding back. Hell, this recent shit was all brought on by her changing her Profile pic on Facebook! And just to put a face to the name, this is her
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 pm

If you can't handle being 'just friends', then you have to cut her out of your life completely. As long as you still know her and spend time with her, the feeling will never go away.

I'd be surprised if you needed to tell her how you feel either. She's stringing you along and she probably knows it. Unless you pay to take all your other friends out, it doesn't take a genius to work that out.

twilightoftheidols
Denim Demon

Postby twilightoftheidols » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Metallinen wrote:If you can't handle being 'just friends', then you have to cut her out of your life completely. As long as you still know her and spend time with her, the feeling will never go away.

I'd be surprised if you needed to tell her how you feel either. She's stringing you along and she probably knows it. Unless you pay to take all your other friends out, it doesn't take a genius to work that out.

wise words, cut her out comlpletley. Only let her back into ur life if ur sure the feelings wont come back.
Insurgency - War Thrashing Chaos - Militant Death Cult MLP due September 2017 https://insurgencythrashuk.bandcamp.com

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Tbh I do usually pay for my friends if I can afford to, but with Hannah I do go that little bit further.
I don't really like the thought of cutting her out completely, because she's always there for me when I need her (when I'm not being a gaymotional fool like the past couple of days) and I just can't think of not having her around.
I don't think she is doing this on purpose, she can't help how I feel and every time it gets brought up she says how bad she feels that things hadn't worked out differently. Even that if she could, she'd change the way she felt about me.
Tbh for now I'm just blaming the time of year. Xmas/New Years is always a shit time for me and relationships and it has been for the past 3 years. I guess I've just gone like this because I know that things would be fucking amazing if she was with me.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Applecore wrote:Being a nice guy doesn't get you anywhere.

Truth.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Applecore wrote:Hell, at one point I was being more of a boyfriend to her than her own boyfriend was! I was taking her to the cinema, taking her out to dinner and stuff and he did nothing! It was like I was the boyfriend in financial terms and as far as dating goes, but he was the boyfriend that got all the kisses and sex.
This is why I don't want to be this nice guy anymore, I'm a pushover for a pretty girl and I shouldn't be. But then, that's easier said than done :lol:

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Moonburp wrote:

Truth.

How come I've still not found me one of those yet :(
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

twilightoftheidols
Denim Demon

Postby twilightoftheidols » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 pm

You probably have but have chosen some better looking alpha male type instead, leaving them to wallow in self pity :P
Insurgency - War Thrashing Chaos - Militant Death Cult MLP due September 2017 https://insurgencythrashuk.bandcamp.com

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm

twilightoftheidols wrote:You probably have but have chosen some better looking alpha male type instead, leaving them to wallow in self pity :P

You clearly haven't seen my exs :eyes: I don't go for alpha males.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Moonburp wrote:

Truth.

Most of the time, yes
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm

twilightoftheidols wrote:You probably have but have chosen some better looking alpha male type instead, leaving them to wallow in self pity :P

Oh hai.

twilightoftheidols
Denim Demon

Postby twilightoftheidols » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Jobdone wrote:

Oh hai.

hai :)

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:54 pm

twilightoftheidols wrote:
Jobdone wrote:

Oh hai.

hai :)

ALPHA MALE BRO. GRRR GRRR *flexes*. WATCH ME LIFT THIS BAR OF IRON. GRRRRR.

Nah, I'm alright.

callumascott
Leather Rebel

Postby callumascott » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Moonburp wrote:

Truth.

True, and I don't even have that in my favour :evil: