The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 pm

So layout aside, how were the matches ?

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:33 pm

The layout seemed to hinder the matches, esp the xdivision match but here's a brief round up for you!

intro - hogan going off script and saying the 4sides is there for good and there will be more changes coming soon, lots of boos and a we want six sides chant too, which the commentators seemed to ignore...

amazing red vs brian kedrick - match of the night although it was impact quality, lots of the usual fast spots but with the 4sides you could tell red wasnt comfortable. kendrick looked fairly good in it though.

val venis vs daniels - venis had a lot of nice locks and holds in this match truth be told but slipped on a turnbuckle, daniels was like red and at times actually ran for one of the diagonal tunbuckles out of habit

tara vs odb - i actually cant remember anything about this match it was that forgettable and i dont think it went to a third fall except brooke hogan being in the front row...

tag team belt match - probably second best match although was impact quality, hernandez didnt get much offense in mind, ending came from nowhere and brutus botched it by falling before morgan's kick even connected

wolfe vs pope - pope got 0wned in this, very clinical match with pope getting pretty much zero offense in. wolfe's style in this match was mostly ground based similar to regal, worth watching truth be told

beer money vs the band - hall came down looking awful and assaulted a planted fan, xpac didnt look too bad tbh but match was mostly awful sadly and im a big beer money mark!

kennedy vs abyss - odd opponent for abyss and the match didnt make any of them look too good sadly, very slow paced with a few bursts of "not shit"

aj vs angle - match on impact the week before was waaaaaay better, this is where the 4sided ring showed it's limitations, they both tried to make the best of it but neither could get more than three or four decent spots out of it. imo give them 20mins in six sides and it would have been an early MOTY candidate.

overall the event was bad/awful, no samoa joe, 3d, suicide, homicide, foley, raven, beautiful people etc, hell there werent even any gimmick matches!! their roster is expanding far too much and these changes will drive the longtime fans away imo.
but if hogan and bishoff can get one over vince then they'll be happy at least...

is anyone here going to the uk tour? the listings are on the tna site, no lashley, rhino, jay lethal or beautiful people sadly :(
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 am

Apparentally Edge is expected to return at the Royal Rumble. This makes me happy. And has Jeff Hardy actually appeared in TNA since 4th Jan?

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 am

Hogan is literally insane, I wish one of his cronies had the balls to tell him he's an idiot. They really need to remember what actually happened to WCW in the end.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:53 am

I am thinking about going to Wembley to see TNA , it hasn't sold out so should be able to get a ticket on the night

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 pm

I heard in an interview with JB that they're still using the 6 sided ring on the UK tour

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 pm

gelder wrote:I heard in an interview with JB that they're still using the 6 sided ring on the UK tour

as it's not televised ot should be a better show aswell, my mate went to a WWE event, and hes aid the matches were better than the tv taped ones

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I am thinking about going to Wembley to see TNA , it hasn't sold out so should be able to get a ticket on the night

Last year you could buy ringside on the night which really annoyed a lot of people and I reckon it'll be the same this year as theyve done pretty much zero promotion!

gelder wrote:I heard in an interview with JB that they're still using the 6 sided ring on the UK tour

aye i saw that, least they could do after not having lashley there, or alot of the roster for that matter!

In america they have $35 ringside seats with a free dvd, oh and $15 t-shirts too :(
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

First TNA ppv with Hogan, goes on for 2 weeks about giving the young talent a shot, then doesn't put 70% of th eroster on the PPV instead replacing them with the old guard and new acquisitions, yep way to push the talent Hulk :x

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:First TNA ppv with Hogan, goes on for 2 weeks about giving the young talent a shot, then doesn't put 70% of th eroster on the PPV instead replacing them with the old guard and new acquisitions, yep way to push the talent Hulk :x

To be fair, thats what hogan does anyways.

Although, if the angle that they are trying to push is that the traditional tna roster is pushed aside for hogan and his cronies, which I think they are, they do need to establish that and actually push the 'new' guys in order for there to be something to battle against.

its a shame that it means having to watch old timers to achieve this but leats it'll get them some attention with some big names.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:38 pm

I just hope they push the women's division because they have some real quality on that roster

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm not interested in wrestling one little bit but the first name on the presenter profiles list is one of my mates.
http://www.powerslam.co.uk/
You name a wrestler, he's probably met them at least once. He was once even flown out to Madison Square Garden just to watch a night of it (VIP access, aftershow etc naturally). Apparently, he makes wrestling fans quite jealous

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm

TNA got rid of 6 sides? :cry:
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:32 am

gelder wrote: And has Jeff Hardy actually appeared in TNA since 4th Jan?

I've been reading today that he might not actually have a TNA contract, and appeared as a one-off to get back at the WWE for having CM Punk say things about his arrest

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:56 pm

I just watched the self destruction of the ultimate warrior on youtube.

I have to say, I think a lot less of him having seen that.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18