The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Amelia
Consort of the Beast

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Amelia » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:03 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:I don't really see why people make such a big deal out of liking someone.

people generally try to avoid being vulnerable.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Applecore wrote:Just sent Ali a message telling her that I like her.
Fuuuuck.
...A message? That's the kind of thing you want to tell her face to face. :ugh:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:
Fuuuuck.

Kinda agree with this, I think I'm correct in claiming that girls prefer it when the guy has the guts to say it in person?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:I don't really see why people make such a big deal out of liking someone.

If it's between friends then it makes it awkward as 1 of you is thinking 1 thing, and the other is thinking another, then when the other finds out the trust factor goes , it sucks when 2 people don't feel the same

I dunno, I've had mates admitting they like me before now and to be honest it hasn't made a difference in my views towards them.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Pride
Possibility of rejection
Awkwardness
Confidence
The possibility of being with someone

Want me to go on?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Amelia
Consort of the Beast

Postby Amelia » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:18 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:

If it's between friends then it makes it awkward as 1 of you is thinking 1 thing, and the other is thinking another, then when the other finds out the trust factor goes , it sucks when 2 people don't feel the same

I dunno, I've had mates admitting they like me before now and to be honest it hasn't made a difference in my views towards them.

try to imagine if it were the other way around. if you really liked a friend of yours and when you finally got the guts to tell them, they kind of ignored it, wouldn't that at least sting a little?

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Maybe I need to like more people to experience such problems.

Or like people more than I do.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:Maybe I need to like more people to experience such problems.

Most women i know are quite cold anyway

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:25 pm

Danroush wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:
Fuuuuck.

Kinda agree with this, I think I'm correct in claiming that girls prefer it when the guy has the guts to say it in person?

The message says how I've liked her for a while but I've been too scared to say anything and that I'm too shy to say anything in person. I can't help it, I freeze up around her and then hate myself for not saying anything when she's gone. Sending a message is the only way I can do it atm.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Amelia
Consort of the Beast

Postby Amelia » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:28 pm

Applecore wrote:
Danroush wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:...A message? That's the kind of thing you want to tell her face to face. :ugh:

The message says how I've liked her for a while but I've been too scared to say anything and that I'm too shy to say anything in person. I can't help it, I freeze up around her and then hate myself for not saying anything when she's gone. Sending a message is the only way I can do it atm.

maybe i'm in the minority, but i don't think there's anything wrong with a guy telling a girl he likes her through a message.

Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:28 pm

I'd be happy with a text to be honest. I don't see what the problem is - I would have thought it saves both parties a lot of embarrassment.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:32 pm

Strapping Young Kate wrote:I'd be happy with a text to be honest. I don't see what the problem is - I would have thought it saves both parties a lot of embarrassment.

Exactly! If she doesn't like me back then it saves me a rejection to the face and it saves her having to reject me to my face (not to mention the question of "do we watch the rest of this film or should I just go?").
But then at the same time, doing it by message sacrifices things being fucking awesome if she does like me too.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Strapping Young Kate wrote:I'd be happy with a text to be honest. I don't see what the problem is - I would have thought it saves both parties a lot of embarrassment.

only if both parties feel the same

Picture the scenario , your best friend is of the opposite sex, you tell them everything, you feel safe with them because they treat you right and aren't just after 1 thing, and you like them as a friend for that reason, then you find out that in fact your best mate actually really likes you , cue no longer talking to them like best friend and not knowing if they are undressing you mentally etc, it destroys relationships

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:Maybe I need to like more people to experience such problems.

Most women i know are quite cold anyway

I disagree. I'm way too fucking hot right now and it's giving me a headache. :(

Lol. :eyes:

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:36 pm

If I spent an afternoon with a guy who I liked and he only made a move after I was gone, I'd be a little bit put out.
I have to say I'm with Holly on this one, I don't see how telling someone you think they are 'doable' or the reason you wake up thinking life is good is a thing to get worked up over. We are all humans and have human urges, there is a good chance they feel the same.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...