movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Either the place that used to be zavvi, and is now unfortunately called Head, or HMV. I can't remember as it was one of the ones in Leeds, but all the All the DVDs were dead cheap there (except the £40 robocop boxset... :| ).

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Either the place that used to be zavvi, and is now unfortunately called Head, or HMV. I can't remember as it was one of the ones in Leeds, but all the All the DVDs were dead cheap there (except the £40 robocop boxset... :| ).

I've seen Falling Down going cheap quite a few times, never bothered with it though. Might put it on the Lovefilm list.

£40 for the Robocop set is ridiculous, I paid £9 at the most for the trilogy in Asda!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Hungry Freak
Warrior of Metal

Postby Hungry Freak » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Further a thread I made, anyone else really like Cradle of Fear?
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Pagan Knight
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Pagan Knight » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Hungry Freak wrote:Further a thread I made, anyone else really like Cradle of Fear?

:yes: ...er...No :eyes:
A Storms A-Brewing!
The Clan Destined , A Forest Of Stars , Wintersun , Tiamat , Moonspell , Wardruna , Pitchshifter , Anathema , Sòlstafir , Suicidal Tendencies , Moonsorrow , Winterfylleth , Baroness & FEN for Bloodstock Open Air ....

Hungry Freak
Warrior of Metal

Postby Hungry Freak » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Pagan Knight wrote:
Hungry Freak wrote:Further a thread I made, anyone else really like Cradle of Fear?

Philistine :eyes:
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Pagan Knight
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Pagan Knight » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Hungry Freak wrote:
Pagan Knight wrote:

Philistine :eyes:

:lol:
A Storms A-Brewing!
The Clan Destined , A Forest Of Stars , Wintersun , Tiamat , Moonspell , Wardruna , Pitchshifter , Anathema , Sòlstafir , Suicidal Tendencies , Moonsorrow , Winterfylleth , Baroness & FEN for Bloodstock Open Air ....

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Cradle of Fear could've been great if half an hour had been shaved off it. Emily Booth naked is never a bad thing and Eileen Daly's tits were as fine as always but the wraparound story was slow and too instrusive, the acting was Children's BBC level, the final story seriously dragged and the car crash effects in the amputee story were beyond laughable.
Apart from that it was pretty good.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 pm

This weekend I watched:

Tropic thunder: rubbish
Hunger: bit art school-ish, but its a compelling watch and stops short of martyring the hunger strikers.
In The Electric Mist: film version of James Lee Burke's novel, who's one of favourite authors, with Tommy Lee Jones as a recovering alcoholic cop who's losing his judgement while investigating the death of a young girl. Doesn't quite translate from page to screen (too many sublots loses its focus), but a decent supporting cast of character actors (Ned Beatty, John Goodman, Kelly MacDonald) and musicians (Buddy Guy, Levon Helm), and TLJ is always watchable.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 am

Pagan Knight wrote:

its funny, if nowt else. wasnt too bad i thought.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 am

someone else wrote:Tropic thunder: rubbish

It's Three Amigos but without the amigos. Or the laughs.
Tom Cruise was amusing, I suppose.

CABIN FEVER 2

Take the original, change the setting to a high school and let the carnage commence. Tasteless fun that seemed to go on too long even though it only lasted 80mins. Trimming the last ten minutes would have been a good idea, it just felt like they were setting up a third one rather than finishing the second.
Overall though, nice and tacky, easy to follow (no bizarrely out of place kung-fu moments this time) with some real "eeeww" moments and some tits. Crap acting, awful dialogue and amateurish camerawork let it down though.
5/10

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't know about "like". But I have it on DVD. It's like a Hammer House Of Horror film with an even lower budget! Plus my ex is in it.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Tet wrote:

I don't know about "like". But I have it on DVD. It's like a Hammer House Of Horror film with an even lower budget! Plus my ex is in it.

You went out with Dani? :o

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:59 pm

My Troma films arrived today :)
Cannibal! The Musical, which is fantastic. A musical telling the story of Alferd Packer, the first man to be convicted of Cannibalism in the USA. Made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, who, as you all know, went on to do South Park, Orgazmo, Team America and star in BASEketball.

SGT Kabukiman NYPD is also fantastic. A New York cop accidentally becomes "the chosen one", and inherits ancient Kabuki powers to help him save the world from The Evil One. It reeks of Troma, with tacky acting, stupid one-liners and lots of cartoonish violence. That said, it's a great laugh and is easily one of my favourite films.

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead is certainly one of the most original films I've seen in a long time. A fast food restaurant is build on top of an indian burial ground and the spirits get into the chicken. Cue the typical Troma attributes of truck-loads of gore, lesbians, shit, a kick-ass soundtrack, fuck loads of DVD extras (I bought the Eggs-clusive 3 Disc Collectors Edition), and, oh yeah, it's a musical too.

Just got the Unrated edition of The Toxic Avenger left to watch. I've not seen the uncut version for a few years. I bought the butchered English release at least 4 years ago and the other week (while buying the previous 3) I thought I might as well own a decent version of it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Supposed to be watching 44" chest tonight. anyone seen it??
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Supposed to be watching 44" chest tonight. anyone seen it??

Seen it? I married it.