The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Applecore wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:God dammit, Applecore. Sometimes I just want to dickslap you until you see sense.

Why? I've admitted that I doubt anything's going to happen.

Because it's always the same set up. You never truly expected that anything would happen with the other girls, did you? LEARN FROM IT.

EDIT: Sorry buddy, I'm cranky when I'm ill. Hug?

Fuck that.

Stay bitter. Drink alone. Shout at the internet. Accept fate. Write a guest chapter for "You're going to die alone".

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Applecore wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:God dammit, Applecore. Sometimes I just want to dickslap you until you see sense.

Why? I've admitted that I doubt anything's going to happen.

Because it's always the same set up. You never truly expected that anything would happen with the other girls, did you? LEARN FROM IT.

Haha, hang on, I can't win there. If I expect something to happen and it doesn't, I fail. If I don't expect anything to happen and it doesn't, I still fail?
God damn, life's a bitch.

*mika* wrote:In which case, let me know when it goes tits up and i'll be waiting with lemon caek...ooh amazing thought

Sounds good! Let me know when you're local again :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
Applecore wrote:Why? I've admitted that I doubt anything's going to happen.

Fuck that.

Stay bitter. Drink alone. Shout at the internet. Accept fate. Write a guest chapter for "You're going to die alone".

Yeah, speaking of that book, I'm totally doing the chapter on solitary alcoholism.

As for the paradoxical self-relationship thing, that'd be weird. We'd just play Sonic & Knuckles, listen to the Wildhearts and have "hanky panky". Actually, that sounds pretty good. God, I'm awesome.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Applecore wrote:

Haha, hang on, I can't win there. If I expect something to happen and it doesn't, I fail. If I don't expect anything to happen and it doesn't, I still fail?

:P[/quote]

But you want it to, though. Which is the problem.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Applecore wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:

:P

But you want it to, though. Which is the problem.

Can you blame me for wanting it to work for once? I've had over a year of nothing happening and I'm pretty tired of it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Flaming_Chaos
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:15 pm

im staying single til i find a decent person, hoping to meet new people at uni so im hoping i find someone then. but not really that bothered by it.
Check out my solo music page: http://www.myspace.com/preachersofodiummusic
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm

Dude Applecore.

Stop trying to get with the girl. Why not just go out as mates and enjoy yourself instead of constantly trying to find a way of getting a girlfriend? Fine, you may not like her as a friend but just pretend to and you might actually enjoy yourself instead of being worried about her not liking you or whatever. To be honest, I don't really know what the hell's going on anyway.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

logandog1
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby logandog1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 pm

I must say that after 16 years of being married I am really enjoying being single.

Well except for the no sex bit
Mary had a little lamb its fleece was coloured red
The reason for the colouring was the axe stuck in its head

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:28 pm

isabiggles wrote:Dude Applecore.

Stop trying to get with the girl. Why not just go out as mates and enjoy yourself instead of constantly trying to find a way of getting a girlfriend? Fine, you may not like her as a friend but just pretend to and you might actually enjoy yourself instead of being worried about her not liking you or whatever. To be honest, I don't really know what the hell's going on anyway.

It's not that I'm trying to find a way of getting a girlfriend, it's more that the girls I like rarely like me back. It's easy enough to say "stop looking and enjoy being single" (admittedly you've not said that, but others have), but doing it is another story.
I'm a natural overthinker, I can't help it. If I could turn it off, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm just not confident enough to not care what others think of me.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Applecore wrote:

It's not that I'm trying to find a way of getting a girlfriend, it's more that the girls I like rarely like me back. It's easy enough to say "stop looking and enjoy being single" (admittedly you've not said that, but others have), but doing it is another story.
I'm a natural overthinker, I can't help it. If I could turn it off, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm just not confident enough to not care what others think of me.

Just pretend to be and eventually it'll just happen. I mean like, I used to be a moody twat and i'd be a dick to people for no reason just because I wasn't happy at all. Then I was just like fuck it, i'm going to be happy and i've always felt better. It's the same thing really. Just tell yourself that you don't care and you'll stop caring eventually.*

* May not work, worked for me though.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 pm

isabiggles wrote:
Applecore wrote:

Just pretend to be and eventually it'll just happen. I mean like, I used to be a moody twat and i'd be a dick to people for no reason just because I wasn't happy at all. Then I was just like fuck it, i'm going to be happy and i've always felt better. It's the same thing really. Just tell yourself that you don't care and you'll stop caring eventually.*

* May not work, worked for me though.

You're a lucky one then. If I could convince myself I didn't care, I would. But I'm a bad liar at the best of times, so lying to myself just isn't going to work :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Men need to be less rubbish.

And less rubbish men need to live in my proximity. More fit ones that have nice hairs and aren't kaaaants.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:I am torn as to whether or not I'd be able to get along with myself.

It'd be rather interesting to see myself through the eyes of another, though. And to talk to myself. And maybe grope my bum.

Maybe I'd end up arguing with myself though, because I'm a bit too headstrong and proud for my own good. >_<

Surely you can grope your own arse, or do you have weird joints? :lol:

Logeli
Lowly Peon

Postby Logeli » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Why don't you take one of your female friends out? Not as a girlfriend or anything perverted like that, just something that you both regularly do and see how it goes. Just build that confidence before you go looking for it all.

I'm all for the bitter thing, relationships are just a waste of time.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:39 am

Littlemissmetal wrote:Differences are healthy. Would you really want to effectively date yourself?

I would, it would be interesting to see myself from a different point of view, plus due to my current loneliness both versions of me would just be happy to have someone

also what Isabiggles said

just answering a question here, no need to have a go at me about why there's nothing wrong with being single *cough cough* *Aled* *cough*
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1