What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Noodle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

My excuse is that I'm not downloading like pacman pops pills any more
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm actually not entirely sure which will happen first out of me completing my "Wacken 2010" folder or me running out of hard drive space... I only have a 250gb hard drive!
Maybe I am just the road, dreaming that I walk

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:49 pm

black_rose wrote:I'm actually not entirely sure which will happen first out of me completing my "Wacken 2010" folder or me running out of hard drive space... I only have a 250gb hard drive!

I think you may have to shell out for a new one very very imminently :P

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Calibur wrote:
black_rose wrote:I'm actually not entirely sure which will happen first out of me completing my "Wacken 2010" folder or me running out of hard drive space... I only have a 250gb hard drive!

I may, in fact, be needing to invest in a new XHD soon... for a start I've not even started my "Metalcamp 2010" or "Sonisphere 2010" folders yet! (Although the Bloodstock one was the first one I did)

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm

black_rose wrote:
Calibur wrote:

I may, in fact, be needing to invest in a new XHD soon... for a start I've not even started my "Metalcamp 2010" or "Sonisphere 2010" folders yet! (Although the Bloodstock one was the first one I did)

You are insane. In a good way.

But still, insane. :P

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Not the first time I've been told that... probably won't be the last either... insane it the best way to be! :D

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:29 pm

black_rose wrote:Not the first time I've been told that... probably won't be the last either... insane it the best way to be! :D

i am making a hellfest folder
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Church of misery covering paranoid in german
By this axe I rule

coreybarkley1987
Leather Rebel

Postby coreybarkley1987 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Having X amount of GB of music doesnt count as having music nor does it consitute a collection. Comparing GBs is retarded. Compare Cds,tapes,vinlys etc not fucking gigabytes, jesus christ.
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/community/ ... php?t=7560

METAL SALE LIST ABOVE< CHECK IT OUT!!

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

coreybarkley1987 wrote:Having X amount of GB of music doesnt count as having music nor does it consitute a collection. Comparing GBs is retarded. Compare Cds,tapes,vinlys etc not fucking gigabytes, jesus christ.

Collection for me constitutes amount. I couldn't care less if something was on a tape or a vinyl. Yeah, it may be unique but it's all about the noise all those vibrating particles make on the end of the day.

coreybarkley1987
Leather Rebel

Postby coreybarkley1987 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Calibur wrote:
coreybarkley1987 wrote:Having X amount of GB of music doesnt count as having music nor does it consitute a collection. Comparing GBs is retarded. Compare Cds,tapes,vinlys etc not fucking gigabytes, jesus christ.

Collection for me constitutes amount. I couldn't care less if something was on a tape or a vinyl. Yeah, it may be unique but it's all about the noise all those vibrating particles make on the end of the day.

In the grand scheme of things yes but you cant compare someones labour of love of music and collection x amount of LPs and Cds of the years to someone else having downloaded 100GB of music over the space of a week. And the same people complain when bands dont play their towns or only do 1 uk date in London.
http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/community/ ... php?t=7560

METAL SALE LIST ABOVE< CHECK IT OUT!!

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm

coreybarkley1987 wrote:
Calibur wrote:

In the grand scheme of things yes but you cant compare someones labour of love of music and collection x amount of LPs and Cds of the years to someone else having downloaded 100GB of music over the space of a week. And the same people complain when bands dont play their towns or only do 1 uk date in London.

Oh come off it. Music collections aren't a labour of love. They're a labour of money or not, depending on your views on piracy.

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Huh? CD collections are awesome. I don't have THAT many CDs but I way prefer buying CDs to downloading. It kind of makes it more special. When you download stuff you can have everything and that takes the fun out of it imo.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:13 pm

isabiggles wrote:Huh? CD collections are awesome. I don't have THAT many CDs but I way prefer buying CDs to downloading. It kind of makes it more special. When you download stuff you can have everything and that takes the fun out of it imo.

Very good point (wise beyond your years!). I had a go at the downloading game for a few weeks and building up a collecion of songs on my computer but somehow it doesn't really satisfy; it's kind of cold. If I so much as drop a CD on the floor, I'm like "Aaaagh!" but if I accidently delete an MP3 song I just think "Oh well, I can always download it again sometime". Too much sugar turns to sand (to paraphrase a Dio lyric).
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:
isabiggles wrote:Huh? CD collections are awesome. I don't have THAT many CDs but I way prefer buying CDs to downloading. It kind of makes it more special. When you download stuff you can have everything and that takes the fun out of it imo.

Very good point (wise beyond your years!). I had a go at the downloading game for a few weeks and building up a collecion of songs on my computer but somehow it doesn't really satisfy; it's kind of cold. If I so much as drop a CD on the floor, I'm like "Aaaagh!" but if I accidently delete an MP3 song I just think "Oh well, I can always download it again sometime". Too much sugar turns to sand (to paraphrase a Dio lyric).

See, I don't mind people putting it like that instead of giving me stick :lol:

I'm just not bothered too much about having a CD. I do have some CD's and such but I just think they take up space :lol: