movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Cookie_
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Cookie_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Dan Jenkins wrote:28 Days and 28 Weeks were dead average for me, I never really understood the fuss. Some predictable scripting, ok character development and fairly poor acting. Throw in every zombie cliche without using the word zombie and somehow Danny Boyle made a benchmark film in the genre :?

I saw an advert last night for a 'new' movie coming out in cinemas soon. I don't quite remember the title but the logo was just a biohazard symbol on a yellow background and they said something about 'insanity is infectious'... I think if this is allowed, it would defeat the whole point of a 28 months later whilst killing the 'subgenre'. :(
ImageImageImage

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Cookie_ wrote:
Dan Jenkins wrote:28 Days and 28 Weeks were dead average for me, I never really understood the fuss. Some predictable scripting, ok character development and fairly poor acting. Throw in every zombie cliche without using the word zombie and somehow Danny Boyle made a benchmark film in the genre :?

I saw an advert last night for a 'new' movie coming out in cinemas soon. I don't quite remember the title but the logo was just a biohazard symbol on a yellow background and they said something about 'insanity is infectious'... I think if this is allowed, it would defeat the whole point of a 28 months later whilst killing the 'subgenre'. :(

I think that's 'The crazies', it looks shit imo.

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah that's the one! It looks to me as though it's just stealing the idea of 28 days later but 'revamping' it a little. They're insane instead of angry. :rolleyes:
ImageImageImage

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Applecore wrote:The 28 films aren't zombie films! They're just infected with rage! Blargharghaaghh

I'm with you on this one- being a disease connoisseur.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Watched Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness over the past few days.

Bruce Campbell. :love:

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Watched Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness over the past few days.

Evil Dead is just classic. Love that film :yes:
ImageImageImage

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Gonna have a Die hard binge....Yippi ki ay!!
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Beetlejuice tonight for me :D A great film, only watched it for the first time last week!
ImageImageImage

Flaming_Chaos
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 pm

hancock for me, still aint seen it so... why not eh?
maybe a couple of other films or some dvd's of south park after that...
Check out my solo music page: http://www.myspace.com/preachersofodiummusic
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:
Cookie_ wrote:

as in George A Romero's the crazies. Romero remakes range from the good but very different to the original (dawn of the dead) to the lets never speak of it again (day of the dead)
By this axe I rule

Cookie_
Denim Demon

Postby Cookie_ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

There are LOTS of films I haven't seen. I always surprise people when I say I haven't seen *so and so* ...A good example being Star Wars.
ImageImageImage

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Cookie_ wrote:There are LOTS of films I haven't seen. I always surprise people when I say I haven't seen *so and so* ...A good example being Star Wars.

Right. Don't panic. But I need you to turn off the computer and head to the nearest HMV immediately. They may not be open, so break in, and WATCH THAT FILM! :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:
Cookie_ wrote:

Cookie_ wrote:Yeah that's the one! It looks to me as though it's just stealing the idea of 28 days later but 'revamping' it a little. They're insane instead of angry. :rolleyes:

you do realise its a remake of a George A Romero classic which usually turn out shit because hollywood like raping good films. dare i remind you all of the remake of Dawn/Day of the Dead? i wouldnt be surprised if they remake Phantasm soon, god i love those films. giant shiny flyiing balls with blades and drills in for the win!!

Cookie_ wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:Watched Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness over the past few days.

Evil Dead is just classic. Love that film :yes:

Bruce Campbell is a leg end. My Name Is Bruce was a great homage film to the Evil Dead series, cant wait for its sequel Bruce Vs Frankenstein

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Cookie_ wrote:There are LOTS of films I haven't seen. I always surprise people when I say I haven't seen *so and so* ...A good example being Star Wars.

i only saw Star Wars a couple of years ago, the old ones are nothing special and the new ones are a bit rubbish
By this axe I rule

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Applecore wrote:The 28 films aren't zombie films! They're just infected with rage! Blargharghaaghh

If they're not zombies then why, in the second film, do two non-zombies manage to keep on attacking people, one with half his head/side missing and the other with nothing below the waist.
Looked pretty zombie-like to me.

Or at least like a badly thought out scene stuck in for a bit of shock value.

Basically, yes. Shock value.

In other news, I Love You, Man is fantastic. Loved it. There's not enough Bromantic Comedies about.. especially ones with Jason Segel and Paul Rudd.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock