The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Bellini wrote:I'm getting married in 7 months and you know something? I cannot wait :).

Two things that WILL happen, so do not panic. It's just written.

1. You and your bloke will have a massive fight, probably about a week beforehand. It'll be huge, it'll be horrible, it will be most likely over something completely irrelevant and all forgiven within 24 hours.
This isn't just my experience but of several couples we've spoken to over the years. One of my mates, three days before his wedding had his missus throw all of his stuff out of the house and tell him to fuck off and never come back.
They've been married for 12 years and have three kids.

2. Something regarding the day itself will threaten to go wrong/actually go wrong. Don't panic about it, there's no point, everything will work itself out somehow anyway.
We were told two days before the wedding that our cheque for the church hadn't cleared so unless we found £250 in 24 hours, the wedding was off.
The church - a bunch of money-grubbing bastards :yes:

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:54 pm

I can definitely see those two things happening. It took all my willpower not to lodge my Wedding folder into his skull the other week :lol: .
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Bellini wrote:I'm getting married in 7 months and you know something? I cannot wait :).

We have to decide on some boring readings for the ceremony (to bulk it out, else it'd only take a minute).

Does anyone here have any ideas of readings/poems / short extracts about love / relationships

Strapping Young Lad - Love.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Jobdone wrote:

We have to decide on some boring readings for the ceremony (to bulk it out, else it'd only take a minute).

Does anyone here have any ideas of readings/poems / short extracts about love / relationships

Strapping Young Lad - Love.

That would be awesome :o assuming you had the music too.

And damn you Kim, I really want to watch Futurama now but it isn't on TV anymore :(
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm

New series to look forward to though :). I'll have to take a pic of our table names at some point (Each table will be named after a Futurama character) We are going to be at the Lrr and Ndna table 8)
Mau Mau

Leleanor
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Leleanor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 pm

I've started seeing a guy I've know for 3 years and who liked me that whole time and I've become very close to in the last few months. Tis going very well so far. Seems for once I've got into a relationship that is not self destructive and isn't going to destroy my soul :yes:

He's being romantic (actually insisting to pay when he takes me out on a date unles the usual type I got for who I pay for cos they're skint) and he is happy to pubically show ahings affection, and just sit and cuddle when wanted. Things are good so far
:yes: :yes: :yes:
xxxx

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Fingers crossed for you!
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Bellini wrote:
Does anyone here have any ideas of readings/poems / short extracts about love / relationships and gay stuff like that that we could use, I was thinking of something from Futurama, but couldn't think of anything appropriate, but your all probably way more creative.

Nd-Nd: And what is this emotion you humans call wuv?
Lrrr: Surely it says love?
Nd-Nd: No, wuv. With an Earth "W". Behold!
Lrrr: This concept of "wuv" confuses and infuriates us!

Not quite sure how you'd work it in though.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:53 am

Basic story; Girl who has basically become one of my best friends allegedly had a major thing for me whilst we were in halls last year. Of course, as someone becomes attracted to me, I become repulsed by them because that's the logical mind-set (...what?). So as I become more aware that she's losting interest in me, I begin to have feelings for her. Like, major feelings that have basically come to be exacerbated by her over the last few weeks - to quote the most recent episode of 'How I Met Your Mother', I was clearly on her "hook" (oh yes, I'm cool enough to quote HIMYM) and I'm pretty sure she knew it / was exercising it. Anyway, for some stupid reason I decide to reveal aforementioned feelings and of course get shot down. Lovely. At least it's closure, maybe I'll stop being a bit of a whiny git and move on, eh?

Leleanor
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Leleanor » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:41 am

Smindas wrote:Basic story; Girl who has basically become one of my best friends allegedly had a major thing for me whilst we were in halls last year. Of course, as someone becomes attracted to me, I become repulsed by them because that's the logical mind-set (...what?). So as I become more aware that she's losting interest in me, I begin to have feelings for her. Like, major feelings that have basically come to be exacerbated by her over the last few weeks - to quote the most recent episode of 'How I Met Your Mother', I was clearly on her "hook" (oh yes, I'm cool enough to quote HIMYM) and I'm pretty sure she knew it / was exercising it. Anyway, for some stupid reason I decide to reveal aforementioned feelings and of course get shot down. Lovely. At least it's closure, maybe I'll stop being a bit of a whiny git and move on, eh?

awww :hug:
xxx

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 am

Ha, apparently she got so drunk after we split up that she doesn't even remember the conversation taking place. And I'll be damned if I'm going to remind her.

uber_scran
Consort of the Beast

Postby uber_scran » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Bellini wrote:New series to look forward to though :). I'll have to take a pic of our table names at some point (Each table will be named after a Futurama character) We are going to be at the Lrr and Ndna table 8)

Sounds cool. Good luck! What do you have planned for your hen night/last night of freedom?

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:31 pm

uber_scran wrote:
Bellini wrote:New series to look forward to though :). I'll have to take a pic of our table names at some point (Each table will be named after a Futurama character) We are going to be at the Lrr and Ndna table 8)

Sounds cool. Good luck! What do you have planned for your hen night/last night of freedom?

Nothing to mad hopefully (I have put a ban on L plates and Barry Chuckle look alike strippers).

We are thinking of either going Wine tasting at Vinopolis for the day or Chocolate making.Then probably afternoon of some wine / cocktails in a bar with a bite to eat and then probably a comedy club.

We have the weekend before Bloodstock penciled in as Hen party weekend, and my friend's Hen party is the weekend after Bloodstock (I have a feeling August may go by in a bit of a blur :P ).
Mau Mau

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Bellini wrote:
uber_scran wrote:

Nothing to mad hopefully (I have put a ban on L plates and Barry Chuckle look alike strippers).

We are thinking of either going Wine tasting at Vinopolis for the day or Chocolate making.Then probably afternoon of some wine / cocktails in a bar with a bite to eat and then probably a comedy club.

We have the weekend before Bloodstock penciled in as Hen party weekend, and my friend's Hen party is the weekend after Bloodstock (I have a feeling August may go by in a bit of a blur :P ).

Hen party at Bloodstock!! We can put on a special Drunken Regret performance for you!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock