movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
necrochrist
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: movies

Postby necrochrist » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:28 days later is on Channel 4 tonight. I say yes.

im waiting for 28 weeks on sunday, still havnt seen it. seen the first one shit loadsa times tho
x

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 pm

i fancy a flim this weekend at the cinima any recommendations?
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

necrochrist

Postby necrochrist » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 pm

dont watch The Bounty Hunter lol
x

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Just seen Survival of the Dead...it`s OK in parts but I do think it`s time for George to hang up his zombie boots. The original trilogy are 3 of my very favourite films but since returning to the franchise he`s increasingly disappointed. Land was decent if underwhelming and Diary and Survival had their moments amongst some dull characters and un-engaging characters.

What is it with people called George un-succesfully trying to go back to a classic trilogy many years later?

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Soze wrote:Just seen Survival of the Dead...it`s OK in parts but I do think it`s time for George to hang up his zombie boots. The original trilogy are 3 of my very favourite films but since returning to the franchise he`s increasingly disappointed. Land was decent if underwhelming and Diary and Survival had their moments amongst some dull characters and un-engaging characters.

I fell asleep after 45mins the first time I tried watching SOTD. Luckily it picked up a bit and the last half wasn't too bad. Nothing amazing or even really that good, but just enough to make it better than Diary.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Just got back from seeing Kick-Ass for the first of many times.
Holy mother of shit, it's fantastic.
I can't even begin to talk about how awesome it is, just get off the internet and go see it now.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:42 pm

How To Train Your Dragon: CUTEST FILM EVER. So sweet and adorable and quite funny too and full of scottish accents and weird vikings.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Whiteout is a shit film.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 pm

spent all day watching the Bourne films. Identity was a lot better then i remember and Ultimatum kinda ruined how the second ended in a way as being a what happened between being shot and going to america slash what happened 10 minutes later film. but im hyped u for the 4th film. it just has got to be as good.

and watch Chuck Norris Code Of Silence. oh how nice it is to watch another excuse for an 80's robot in a mediocre film.

im also debating watching Saw 6. can anyone say if tis any good. i know the story will be crap but the gore effects in 5 was awesome.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Darkweasel wrote:I fell asleep after 45mins the first time I tried watching SOTD. Luckily it picked up a bit and the last half wasn't too bad. Nothing amazing or even really that good, but just enough to make it better than Diary.

I fell asleep after 20minutes, was absolute dog shit to be honest.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 am

Luke_X wrote:im also debating watching Saw 6. can anyone say if tis any good. i know the story will be crap but the gore effects in 5 was awesome.

I remember seeing it at the cinema and deciding it's the best Saw film since Saw 2, so..
That said, I've still not gotten around to buying the dvd yet. Something about paying £16 just seems a bit steep.. And it's got a black case when the rest of my Saw films have white cases :x
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am

Saw 6 was pretty good to be fair, you get a bit more of the background to why Jigsaw turned psycho-death killer.

Naff ending though. They really ought to kill it off now.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:Saw 6 was pretty good to be fair, you get a bit more of the background to why Jigsaw turned psycho-death killer.

They confirmed a while back (around 4 or 5 I think) that they've been greenlit up to 7 plus a game, so this year could see the last one. As much as I love the series, they do need to call it a day, it's becoming a parody of itself almost. Hell, they could've left Saw as a standalone film..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Applecore wrote:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Saw 6 was pretty good to be fair, you get a bit more of the background to why Jigsaw turned psycho-death killer.

They confirmed a while back (around 4 or 5 I think) that they've been greenlit up to 7 plus a game, so this year could see the last one. As much as I love the series, they do need to call it a day, it's becoming a parody of itself almost. Hell, they could've left Saw as a standalone film..

Saw is the best one of the whole series. i dont mind all the gore in the sequels but they bhave lost the thriller side of the story where they kept you guessing in the first film. but Saw 7 is suppose to be the last (even though they said 6 would be) and it will be 3D.

necrochrist

Postby necrochrist » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:56 pm

anyone watch The Escapist last night??
pretty good british movie with some top british actors in it. also was quite funny seeing Sheamus from WWE have a lil cameo role in it
x