The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby The Warlord » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Here's my Thoughts.

Awesome intro i thought the way all the little videos lined up to make the Wrestlemania looked cool and combined with the little stars that shot out when the replays went off reminded me of Wrestle Mania VII.

Showmiz vs. Morrison & Truth
Good to see the Tag Belts defended at Mania again. Shame that it was against Morrison & Truth but then again the Tag Division is so weak nowadays who else could have it been. Shame also the match was so short it made Morrison/Truth & The Tag Belts look a joke.

Legacy Explode
Slow boring match with too much stalling and 1 noticble big fuck up (Rhodes and Dibiase going for High/Low on Orton and Rhodes missing). Wouldn't have been bothered who won really as i don't care for either 3, but they could have used the opportunity to put over one of the younger guys by having rhodes pin dibiase or vice-versa.

Womens Interview / Santinos Slim Jim advertising both stupid and a waste of time the only good thing about this was Santino is comical gold. But this time could have been better used in adding an extra 2-3 minutes on the Rey vs. Punk match.

Money In The Bank
A Huge let down on previous MITB Matches but seemed to be lesser Fuck Ups than usual. Kofi's Stilt Thing was good. Swagger winning was a letdown would have prefered to she Kofi or Shelton win. I thought Christian would win to lead into a Jericho vs. Edge vs. Christian Programme.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
Best Match of the Card IMO even thought it should have been longer. I Hope these have a long fued. Cant argue with the result Punks already made a name for himself at WM so there was no need to put him over and Rey joining SES would mean hed have to unmask which aint gonna happen. And whats with Reys Movie related / looking like a twat costumes at Wrestlemania lol.

Triple H vs Sheamus
I Hate Sheamus i just find him plain and boring and if he wernt Friends with HHH he'd be staring at the celing most nights. Boring match that went far too long it should have been an Ultimate Warrior type destroyal of HHH at WM XII but with HHH doing the destroying.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
Another match that went far too long 10 minutes too long! Good to see The Hart Dynasty get some WM exposure shame it wasn't in a match though.

Chris Jericho vs Edge
Decent enough match although it took a while to get going then finished just as it got good. The only locical outcome in this one theres more of a fued to come because Edge didnt get his revenge. Good Booking.

Womens Tag Match
Why? It was Crap Sloppy and very rushed although a few of the Divas did show some good work. But again the time spent on this match could have been added to the Rey vs Punk match or the Edge vs Jericho match.

John Cena vs. Batista
Cena no sells, does his superman thing and wins again at Wrestle mania getting very predictable and boring and it was a rubbish match but then again i remember when they botched the finish of the Rumble a few years back so it was to be expected. I dont care for Cena or Batista i think their both sloppy (example Cena Dropping Batista on his head and then Batista doing the same to Cena afew minutes later probably out of anger) but i think Batista should have won to continue with his Big unstoppable Monster Heel look. Funny in the promo Cena saying to Batista You do this for the Money where as i do it because i love it! I'm pretty sure in RL its the other way around.

Undertaker vs. HBK
Nothing could top last years match between the 2 but this was a good effort i really wanted HBK to end the Streak (HBK my favourite since 1991) and i'll be sorry to see him go all i can say is THANK YOU HBK!

Overall Wrestlemania was Crap with Two excellent Matches (Rey vs Punk, Undertaker vs HBK), two decent matches ( MITB & Edge vs Jericho) and the rest were either boring or pointless. and only Jack Swagger got elevated by a win but i would say that Evan Bourne was elivated by his performance and the time allowed to him in MITB. I predict Swagger to be the first MITB winner that doesnt win the title infact i think Cena will Squash him.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:28 pm

The tale of the tape bit before the CM v Rey match is fucking terrifying :lol:

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

The Nasty Boys & Consequences Creed Released from TNA!

I Hope WWE or ROH pick up Creed.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm

The Warlord wrote:BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

The Nasty Boys & Consequences Creed Released from TNA!

I Hope WWE or ROH pick up Creed.

Thank buggery for that.
The Nasty Boys v Dudley angle was awful.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 pm

One nation, under Punk, with integrity and sobriety for all!

I want to be straightedge :(

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:37 pm

herzeleid wrote:One nation, under Punk, with integrity and sobriety for all!

Me too.

I want to be better than people for once :(

EDIT: Actually CM v Rey match was alot better than I expected it to be :lol: Should've been longer though.
Last edited by Jobdone on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Jobdone wrote:
herzeleid wrote:One nation, under Punk, with integrity and sobriety for all!

Me too.

I want to be better than people for once :(

We should totally take the pledge... after Bloodstock. I also wish to be better than everyone.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Oh god.
It's worth watching WWE just for Vince's face.

http://i43.tinypic.com/nx9j46.png

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Jobdone wrote:Oh god.
It's worth watching WWE just for Vince's face.

http://i43.tinypic.com/nx9j46.png

I prefer his strut walk, ALWAYS gets me. I'm going to start walking like it down the street.

The passion of the Vince match is pretty horrible tbh.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Jobdone wrote:And Sheamus is growing on me. Not quite the same "Lolsquash" as I usually see him in.

Sheamus is brilliant and can go on to the top. I've marked out to him since he first appeared on ECW last year.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:30 pm

jackcake wrote:
Jobdone wrote:And Sheamus is growing on me. Not quite the same "Lolsquash" as I usually see him in.

Sheamus is brilliant and can go on to the top. I've marked out to him since he first appeared on ECW last year.

The heat he got from ruining HHH's emotional speech was astounding, he'll be there soon.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm

mostly wrestlemania was a bit crap
tbh i actually find rey mysterio really boring now, they always call him the ultimate underdog, but he wins so often that he isnt really an underdog at all :x
jack swagger shouldnt have won money in the bank, did you see how out of place he looked iin the tag match on raw?
dibiase and rhodes should never have made it to wrestlemania this year, and i really think it had more to do with randy orton and their dads than their own ability. they fuck up way too often.
the only match i really enjoyed was undertaker vs HBK, and i thought it was much better than last year. really had no idea who would win it, and im quite disapointed that shawn michaels career is over. i mean, whos next? undertaker? HHH? big show? their are a lot of young superstars who really dont impress me, so i hope some of the older guys stick around for a few more years
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 am

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 am

They were pretty brutal really.

To be honest, TNA has been pretty brutal since going to Mondays.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:30 pm

And Y2J is no longer the champ :(

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p