What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby thehairyone » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:34 pm

I've been checking out what jabs I need for India, and just the thought of it has made me feel light headed. I know I'm bad with needles, but this is just ridiculous!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:40 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Today was totally dead. There was really no reason for me to be there. One day Smiths will refuse to open, and millions of old people and retards (one of our core demographics, it seems) will shrivel and die without their daily paper.

Whenever I go into my local smiths, I can guarantee there'll be at least one screaming child. And one slow old person.

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Come to think of it, I found that to be true, actually. After that Arnhem gig some girl said to me "you're so self-conscious". She had a point on that occasion to be honest, but when someone actually says that to you right in the midst of the social situation, it doesn't help. All I could do was come up with some lame response like "I'm drunk" cue her going "haha right, so you're self-conscious because you're drunk :| :lol: "

Your situation sounds a lot like my Farnborough/Leeds thing. In Leeds I had such an ever-increasing number of friends I felt relatively normal, even if half of them were RockSoc/Rock of Ages crazies. In a big city you've got choice of who you gravitate towards, whereas in a shit commuter town like Farnborough there's a more acute sense of whether you 'fit in', and you have to compromise with the local tards who have and will always be there and aspire to nothing better. Being back here's like being 16 again, sometimes.

That's exaaaaactly how I feel about this place. There is no being yourself when you're me, unless you don't want to fit in. Even my New Rocks caused so much banter, just because they're "weird" to others. I've stopped wearing them because of it.
And if you don't gossip about others, you're out of the game basically.

Anyway, WPMOT: Bloodstock turns out to be in the last week of what's called "bouwvak vakantie". Basically the major summer holiday everyone takes because builders and whatnot are all off from work then. And as I'm one of the last people at work to still ask for holidays, I doubt I'm going to get that week off. :|
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

watching the trailer for Resident Evil Afterlife. im so fucked off with them ruining the games. wish they would leave them alone.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Looks like I left replying to a friend (daughter of 4 children of mother's friend whom I've known since forever) and their offer for a drink at the pub with possibly siblings in tow, a little late. I haven't seen the oldest one since I was a kid, and my mother tells me he's gone back to wherever it is he currently lives.

Also, house party going on a few doors down. Having to listen to Katy Perry and Glee. Joy.

Smee wrote:That's exaaaaactly how I feel about this place. There is no being yourself when you're me, unless you don't want to fit in. Even my New Rocks caused so much banter, just because they're "weird" to others.

I don't actually go to many social functions, the only real going out I seem to do at the moment is to the occasional gig in London or to the pub for the regular thing. And then maybe once every few months there'll be some excursion a bit further afield.

I've never been into New Rocks myself to be honest, they just scream 'goth/Hot Topic' and they make you an easy target round here. I'm an army surplus geek, but not as much as Joe.

Smee wrote:Anyway, WPMOT: Bloodstock turns out to be in the last week of what's called "bouwvak vakantie". Basically the major summer holiday everyone takes because builders and whatnot are all off from work then. And as I'm one of the last people at work to still ask for holidays, I doubt I'm going to get that week off. :|

Hurry uuuuup!

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 pm

NeglectedField wrote:I don't actually go to many social functions, the only real going out I seem to do at the moment is to the occasional gig in London or to the pub for the regular thing. And then maybe once every few months there'll be some excursion a bit further afield.

I've never been into New Rocks myself to be honest, they just scream 'goth/Hot Topic' and they make you an easy target round here. I'm an army surplus geek, but not as much as Joe.

Smee wrote:Anyway, WPMOT: Bloodstock turns out to be in the last week of what's called "bouwvak vakantie". Basically the major summer holiday everyone takes because builders and whatnot are all off from work then. And as I'm one of the last people at work to still ask for holidays, I doubt I'm going to get that week off. :|

Hurry uuuuup!

Yeah there's fuck all to do here besides going to the local bar which is full of dickheads so I tend to avoid that place like the plague, other than that I only ever have stuff from work like weddings and crap and I'd rather not go but do so anyway and always feel like crap afterwards.
As for BOA, I'm definitely asking two weeks off for it, but problem is that I was planning to stay in Brum for a while before and after the festival, one of my mates suggested I'd ask her boyfriend if I can crash at his place but apparently they've had a fight so not sure whether that's still going to happen or not as it's quite likely they won't be together anymore by that time. Which would leave me with nowhere to crash (for now) and not sure what to do really or when.
Oh well, I'll figure out something.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Smee wrote:Oh well, I'll figure out something.

Hostel, maybe? You probably couldn't afford to be there for a whole week though...

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Hmm, there's a Travelodge I could go to but why pay for accommodation when I've got enough mates with couches? :P

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:Today was totally dead. There was really no reason for me to be there. One day Smiths will refuse to open, and millions of old people and retards (one of our core demographics, it seems) will shrivel and die without their daily paper.

Whenever I go into my local smiths, I can guarantee there'll be at least one screaming child. And one slow old person.

That's the entire customer base. We have no idea how all the unattended children find their way into town to buy a copy of The TImes, but they manage it.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm

I've had a really crap day that started out with me oversleeping then having to do the shopping on my own. Everything was shut in West Brom so had to go all the way down to Bearwood.

I've had a bad headache since early afternoon and then other crap that has me fearing the worst. :(
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 am

Couldn't sleep properly last night so I'm shattered now, and then I stick Planet Rock on, and David sodding Cameron was waffling on about something.

I want to punch him at the best of times, never mind at 9am.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 am

Im hanging, and i gotta shoot all day, fml :coffee:

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:16 am

Did not want Aled to get out of bed and go to work this morning >.<

And I don't want to start doing more college work today either

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 am

im awake, and i have nothing to do today, could've got at least 2 more hours in bed if it wasnt for my 1 year old cousin :x
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Boadicea
Powermetal Child

Postby Boadicea » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 am

Smee wrote:As for BOA, I'm definitely asking two weeks off for it, but problem is that I was planning to stay in Brum for a while before and after the festival, one of my mates suggested I'd ask her boyfriend if I can crash at his place but apparently they've had a fight so not sure whether that's still going to happen or not as it's quite likely they won't be together anymore by that time. Which would leave me with nowhere to crash (for now) and not sure what to do really or when.
Oh well, I'll figure out something.

Why doesn't she put you up herself? Seems odd to suggest you stay with her boyfriend. What about your other female mates, can't they help? Where'd you stay last time?