What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm always a little freaked by driving anywhere new for the first time, but the route to Manchester for the Arch Enemy gig looks quite simple - hurrah! :D

I really want to go to that but its in Wolves, and I really cannot be bothered to travel to that shithole for a gig. Shame really because Sabbat were great a few years back, and Enslaved would be a good band to see too.

Though my mate from Leamington is going so I may find out how he intends to get there.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Turbo wrote:but its in Wolves, and I really cannot be bothered to travel to that shithole for a gig.

I always park in Fold Street for Dingletown gigs and walk up to the Civics. The walk back is scary.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:03 pm

jackcake wrote:
Turbo wrote:but its in Wolves, and I really cannot be bothered to travel to that shithole for a gig.

I always park in Fold Street for Dingletown gigs and walk up to the Civics. The walk back is scary.

I really dislike driving to gigs, or more to the point I dont like drinking 5 pints of coke to make me feel like im drinking when in not. Its the same in Birmingham about the walk back to the car. All the decent venues are bloody miles away from Moor Street station. I have the dilema of drinking and walking 20 minutes from Academy/15 minutes from Asylum to BHMSS or get my car which I can park relatively close to the Academy, but I have to virtually park the car near Scruffies for the Asylum, and still be stuck with a 15 minute walk. I hate walking across Birmingham. I dont wish to be come either one of the two knifing statistics that happen every day.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:34 pm

POLYWAG FUCK YEAH

I'm think a water/psychic team just so I get Psyduck
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Today's a good day. I'm knackered from work, but copies of my EP arrived and response so far is positive.

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Today was fantastic. :D
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Turbo wrote:
jackcake wrote:

I really dislike driving to gigs, or more to the point I dont like drinking 5 pints of coke to make me feel like im drinking when in not. Its the same in Birmingham about the walk back to the car. All the decent venues are bloody miles away from Moor Street station. I have the dilema of drinking and walking 20 minutes from Academy/15 minutes from Asylum to BHMSS or get my car which I can park relatively close to the Academy, but I have to virtually park the car near Scruffies for the Asylum, and still be stuck with a 15 minute walk. I hate walking across Birmingham. I dont wish to be come either one of the two knifing statistics that happen every day.

i agree now the bus stops have been moved have to constantly have to look over my shoulder after gigs in wolves due to pissheads :(
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Presentation at work and it all the seats went quickly. Rather than stand I wandered outside, got myself a chair and brought it back in.
It didn't occur to a single other person to do the same. Result = a lot of highly paid bods standing while yours truly was semi-comfortable and feeling a tad smug.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Fjar wrote:
Smindas wrote:Guy who used to visit here (Ikkeflesh, spelt very wrongly) has hooked me up with a ticket for the taping of Charlie Brooker's 'You Have Been Watching' tonight. I <3 Brooker, this is awesome.

Shit, that's awesome!

And it was! Great night.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Smindas wrote:
Fjar wrote:
Smindas wrote:Guy who used to visit here (Ikkeflesh, spelt very wrongly) has hooked me up with a ticket for the taping of Charlie Brooker's 'You Have Been Watching' tonight. I <3 Brooker, this is awesome.

Shit, that's awesome!

And it was! Great night.

I hate you so much D:

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Hehe. It was like 3 hours of banter, I don't get how they will cut it down to 30 minutes. Was quite interesting to see the actual process of panel show creation.

Also, it was Charlie Brooker. I aspire to be that eloquently bitter and misanthropic.

Heid
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Heid » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Got a call-back from two jobs I'd applied for. One inviting me for an interview next Monday. The other was for a writing job I've been after. They've asked me to do some test articles then they'll see if they can/will accept me.

AwesomeSpoons :D

Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Heid wrote:Got a call-back from two jobs I'd applied for. One inviting me for an interview next Monday. The other was for a writing job I've been after. They've asked me to do some test articles then they'll see if they can/will accept me.

AwesomeSpoons :D

Congrats! :D Oh how I envy your writing job offer (well, call-back at least). :P

WMMHT: Decided to be a man and actually collect some of this year's work, and did better than I'd expected (which was a fail, so anything would have done) - particularly in the presentation. And now I only have an exam to go, which I can revise for in the garden, weee. :) Considering wasting my money on something girly and indulgent tomorrow in celebration.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:59 am

Another certified body for Download :D

Get on and do that course so I can firm up the numbers :P
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:27 am

Smindas wrote:Hehe. It was like 3 hours of banter, I don't get how they will cut it down to 30 minutes. Was quite interesting to see the actual process of panel show creation.

Also, it was Charlie Brooker. I aspire to be that eloquently bitter and misanthropic.

That is fucking awesome.

I have seen unedited versions of Have I Got News For You, and they're all anywhere between 90minutes and 3 hours long. Absolutely hilarious, even funnier than the 30minute edit.

I'd love to see similar uncut editions of QI or Mock the Week though :D

EDIT: On Charlie Brooker - he's brilliant and eloquent bitterness but only when scripted, if you notice - at the New Year Quiz at the back end of last year, he didn't get a chance to say much because I reckon he's not that good at improv...
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?