What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 am

Ive managed to kick my memory pen whilst it was in the ocmputer, and its bent one of the short sides of the plug outwards, and made the whole thing wonky.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm

UtopianBlaster7 wrote:daytime E4...you just have to stick out the shit on freeview(Gilmore girls etc...) til' scrubs comes on

Fuck you, GIlmore Girls is ace.

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Wed May 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Podgie. wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:my mum and stepdad trying to get me to sell my CD's for £1 each :x yeah, cost me over £2000 to get them all, but il just give them away for next to nothing because they think i have too many :rolleyes:
i calculated roughly how much they cost me, and it was something like £2300, if i sold them at £1 each id get £230
makes perfect sense

Waaaa, you're having a giraffe aren't ya?! Don't sell your CDs because your mum told you to!! :lol:

This, basically.
Tell them to fuck off and leave you alone!
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed May 12, 2010 12:16 pm

CrapyMike wrote:my mum and stepdad trying to get me to sell my CD's for £1 each :x yeah, cost me over £2000 to get them all, but il just give them away for next to nothing because they think i have too many :rolleyes:
i calculated roughly how much they cost me, and it was something like £2300, if i sold them at £1 each id get £230
makes perfect sense

Tell them to get fucked!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed May 12, 2010 12:28 pm

My eyes are burning, I'm hungry and I'm in a crappy mood.
Time to stop essay-ing I think.

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Wed May 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Just found out the report I wrote is completely wrong after having re-done it cos I figured I'd done it wrong the first time. Turns out my first go was correct and I don't have any of the original draft. Fuck sticks.
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 pm

thehairyone wrote:
siliconfury wrote:Seriously, the student masses of the UK: Get your priorities right, nobody listens to inexperienced sponges who don't even pay taxes.

Get a job, live in the real world, and see for yourself how the country is run. Going from high school to university is NOT living in the real world, if you think that you have a fuckload to learn.

You're echoing exactly how I felt when I was at university. Even after only a year working, it was amazing how different the viewpoint my viewpoint was to those who went straight in.

I've noticed this too, especially at postgrad level where the majority have worked/are still working. Although many are doing postgrad because they found the real world too scary :eyes:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed May 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Siliconfury wrote:Seriously, the student masses of the UK: Get your priorities right, nobody listens to inexperienced sponges who don't even pay taxes.

Get a job, live in the real world, and see for yourself how the country is run. Going from high school to university is NOT living in the real world, if you think that you have a fuckload to learn.

Oh so this. I have a feeling that having the same job since I was 16 has kept me in touch with the real world to some extent. Yeah, I'm a student and that but I also know that there's no point in flapping my mouth off because no-one cares.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Siliconfury wrote:Seriously, the student masses of the UK: Get your priorities right, nobody listens to inexperienced sponges who don't even pay taxes.

Oh so this. I have a feeling that having the same job since I was 16 has kept me in touch with the real world to some extent. Yeah, I'm a student and that but I also know that there's no point in flapping my mouth off because no-one cares.

This. One minute the students here are either getting wasted or getting high, then the next they think they're being all cool and revolutionary by having a protest on the fucking grass verge by lake.

I hate hate hate hate hate them. They posted a video of themselves having a good ol' protest, and one guy was taken away to the police station for being a 'disturbance of the peace'. He proceeded to shout at the top of his voice, "THAT'S WRONG, I'M NOT BEING A DISTURBANCE! YOU CAN'T DO THIS", while smiling at the fact he's being taken away, "How exciting I'm being arrested, lolololol". Fucking knobcheese doucebag cunt.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed May 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Just got an article published and only now realised I wrote the title wrong...

http://www.endusersharepoint.com/2010/0 ... s-and-vba/

Should be "Outlook to SharePoint", not the other way around... hoping my readers just see "SharePoint, Outlook, VBA, Web Services" and want to read more otherwise :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed May 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Fjar wrote:
Moonburp wrote:

This. One minute the students here are either getting wasted or getting high, then the next they think they're being all cool and revolutionary by having a protest on the fucking grass verge by lake.

I hate hate hate hate hate them. They posted a video of themselves having a good ol' protest, and one guy was taken away to the police station for being a 'disturbance of the peace'. He proceeded to shout at the top of his voice, "THAT'S WRONG, I'M NOT BEING A DISTURBANCE! YOU CAN'T DO THIS", while smiling at the fact he's being taken away, "How exciting I'm being arrested, lolololol". Fucking knobcheese doucebag cunt.

Basically this is about knobheads more than it is students.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 pm

The office milk thief(ves)

I bring enough milk to last the week, every monday. It's in a plastic bag with my name on it. Stop using it without my permission. I don't mind people borrowing it, if they ask me first, but taking it without permission?

Now I have to buy more tomorrow, thanks to the thievery of half a pint! And it's been finished for me twice. First time someone left it in the bin for me and today they left it wrapped neatly in my plastic bag for me to find tomorrow morning, when I come in. Lucky I checked really.

Sure someone's helping themselves to my butter as well, seem to have gone through that fast too.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed May 12, 2010 3:51 pm

tranmerefan wrote:The office milk thief(ves)

I bring enough milk to last the week, every monday. It's in a plastic bag with my name on it. Stop using it without my permission. I don't mind people borrowing it, if they ask me first, but taking it without permission?

Now I have to buy more tomorrow, thanks to the thievery of half a pint! And it's been finished for me twice. First time someone left it in the bin for me and today they left it wrapped neatly in my plastic bag for me to find tomorrow morning, when I come in. Lucky I checked really.

Sure someone's helping themselves to my butter as well, seem to have gone through that fast too.

Time to start poisoning it. Get some, and put some laxatives in it.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 pm

We had that. If you put a sticker that says "dog milk" on it you'd be surprised at how many people believe it.

also try putting a few drops of iodine in it, black milk will also put people off (it might not be iodine, my science knowledge is shite)
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 pm

tranmerefan wrote:The office milk thief(ves)

I bring enough milk to last the week, every monday. It's in a plastic bag with my name on it.

Milk in a bag? What next?! :B