The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:15 pm

that was awesome :evillaff: take that cole, you fucker :D

also, evan bourne main eventing was awesome :yes:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm

the heat sheamus gets is impressive.

as in, he hits Cena, and the entire place Boos

It still hurts me how popular Cena is.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:55 pm

As announced tonight on the NXT finale, season 2 of the show will begin next Tuesday night on SyFy. Below are the Rookie and Pro pairings for the new season:

* Cody Rhodes and Husky Harris (Duke Rotundo). Rotundo is the son of former WWE star & current agent Mike "IRS" Rotundo. He has been in developmental since 2009 with his brother Bo, who is currently injured.

* John Morrison and Eli Cottonwood (Kip Christianson). Cottonwood stands over 7 feet tall and weighs over 300 pounds. He has been in developmental since 2009.

* MVP and Percy Watson (Chris McNeil). Percy has been in WWE developmental since 2009 and has teamed with former Rookie Darren Young as The South Beach Boys.

* Zack Ryder and Titus O'Neill (Thaddeus Bullard). Titus is a former Florida Gators defensive end and has been in developmental since 2009.

* Michelle McCool & Layla and Kaval (Brandon Silvestry). Kaval is the former TNA and Ring of Honor star Low Ki. Kaval recently recovered from an injury and has been signed to a WWE developmental deal since 2009. Kaval has held the TNA X Division Title twice, the ROH Title once and a number of other titles around the world. Layla and McCool are the first Pros to be Divas.

* Mark Henry and Lucky Cannon (Jon Emminger). Lucky Cannon is the former Johnny Prime and I don't believe he's been using the Lucky Cannon gimmick for long. They said on NXT that he was a former sheriff.

* Kofi Kingston and Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig). McGillicutty is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Curt Hennig. Up until last week, he was still using the Hennig name in developmental. Hennig has been with WWE since 2008 and has held the FCW Florida Heavyweight Title once and the FCW Tag Team Titles twice.

* The Miz and Alex Riley (Kevin Kiley). Riley has been with WWE since 2007 and is the current FCW Heavyweight Champion. He has worked several dark matches and live event matches for WWE over the years.

Ok my thoughts Joe Hennig should be Joe Hennig and i can see Low-Ki bombing 2 Divas as mentors shows how highly they think of him!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Kaval is already signed , he's been destroying people down in FCW including Danielson,this will be his entrance on to the main rosta

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Apparently Raw was excellent. Didn't see it, but there seems to be a real push for young talent on both shows at the moment.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Calibur wrote:Apparently Raw was excellent. Didn't see it, but there seems to be a real push for young talent on both shows at the moment.

That's because all the old talent is either retiring or quitting or boring.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:14 pm

About time Evan Bourne got the push he deserves, the guy is one of the most talented youngsters in the company , and Danielson is just brilliant , i can't wait to see what happens with him :o

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

aye bourne really deserves it, he should be getting a lot more matches than he does, was good seeing him in the ring with cena edge and sheamus
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 pm

The Warlord wrote:Husky Harris (Duke Rotundo). Rotundo is the son of former WWE star & current agent Mike "IRS" Rotundo.
3rd generation star surely putting him under his real name gives him stronger credentials???? give the poor bastard his name back.

The Warlord wrote:* Michelle McCool & Layla and Kaval (Brandon Silvestry). Kaval is the former TNA and Ring of Honor star Low Ki. he has held the TNA X Division Title twice, the ROH Title once and a number of other titles around the world
ooh my christ!!!! this must be a joke, this has to be a joke pleeeeeeessssee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! low-ki is am awesome competitor but will get burried in this ''competition'' his mentors say it all.

The Warlord wrote:* Kofi Kingston and Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig). McGillicutty is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Curt Hennig.
3rd generation star with a hall of fame (dead)daddy this is taking the piss!

The Warlord wrote:Ok my thoughts Joe Hennig should be Joe Hennig and i can see Low-Ki bombing 2 Divas as mentors shows how highly they think of him!
totally agree
Last edited by Fatboy on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:14 pm

believe it or not, women can actually wrestle as well as guys can, and in many cases better :rolleyes:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:23 pm

CrapyMike wrote:believe it or not, women can actually wrestle as well as guys can, and in many cases better :rolleyes:

I think peoples point is more that, who's more respectable in the eyes of viewing public?

A male pro, or a female pro?

Wrestler, or tits?

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:25 pm

to me, it depends on who the pro is, rather than male or female
for example, i would rather be taught by gail kim than the great khali

Tremolo15
Powermetal Child

Postby Tremolo15 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 am

CrapyMike wrote:believe it or not, women can actually wrestle as well as guys can, and in many cases better :rolleyes:

SHIMMER and old AJW matches ftw.

I don't care what anyone says, Manami Toyota is one of the best wrestlers in history. Period.

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Jobdone wrote:

I think peoples point is more that, who's more respectable in the eyes of viewing public?
A male pro, or a female pro?
CrapyMike wrote:to me, it depends on who the pro is, rather than male or female
for example, i would rather be taught by gail kim than the great khali
for me its not the fact that they are women wrestlers because they (laycool) are both improving in the ring all the time, but they are not even in the same league as Kaval/senshi/low-ki having gail kim or beth phenix would not have caused me to react in the same way that laycool did.

on the subjest of women wrestlers-
yes its good when they are hot! but that wont make me watch their matches, i have a couple of catagorys for wrestling women..
wrestlers = women who come to the dance with talent, trained wrestlers with ability from day one on whatever tv show they apear on.(kong, kim,tara,beth,natalya,melina, mickey.etc)

candy = women with no in ring ability who are thrown into the ring all the time (and never improving their skill because they just dont care or have it in them) to catfight(badly) and give blokes a semi!(bella twins, kelly, lacy, stacy.etc)

exceptions = this list to me is the most important and tthe shortest list of them all these are the women who originaly come in as candy but learn grow and become great in ring competitor the greatest example of this is Trish Stratus,
mccool is getting good but not quite a "ring general" yet.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah if their in TNA or other promotions but in WWE with the exeption of Gail Kim and possibly Michelle McCool) Nope!

I'm not saying having female mentors is bad but i would only have them to mentor another female! What the fuck are they gonna teach Low-Ki who has more talent than most of the Divas combined unless he's gonna do a drag act? I think it's just a case of WWE thinking OK he's a big independent/TNA phenominon (like Brian danielson) let's put him in his place and show he's in WWE now and he's gotta take this shit!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!