What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Metalchemyst » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Manadh wrote:After 9 years I've got a new watch.
My wrist totally does not look right at all

Waow - someone else who still uses a watch and hasn't become completely dependent on their mobile phone.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:

Waow - someone else who still uses a watch and hasn't become completely dependent on their mobile phone.

I'm one tier lower.

I don't have a watch, and my mobiles never on. I depend on other people :lol:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:

I feel lost without a watch. Fumbling around in my pocket to extract my phone just to see the time won't do.

I've had the same £20 Argos watch since time immemorial. Possibly 1997/8. Two battery changes and I've only recently had to change the strap. It goes off by no more than a few seconds between daylight savings changes.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 am

there is some heavy panting coming from the bushes in my front garden...

....andy? :|
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 am

Finnvitka wrote:http://www.creepypasta.com has some good stuff but a lot of it is rubbish.

ones like this I find the creepiest:

Don’t dismiss this outright as the work of some raving lunatic. There’s some sense to this story, if you’ll just hear me out…

Look, we all wonder if time travel is possible, right? Well, let me tell you something… it is. I’m from the future, actually. I know you probably don’t believe that, but seriously, I’m from the future. It’s a really great thing; getting to see the past, watching events unfold… stuff like that. We know more now than we ever would.

Behind all the fun, though, there’s a more serious aspect. We aren’t supposed to go in our own lifetime, and we are NEVER allowed to contact our past selves. Let me tell you, I’m breaking that rule right now. Yes, kid, you’re talking to yourself. Your future self. I’m going to be executed for this, but you know what? I accept that. I’m preventing something by talking to you that is WORSE than death. I can’t tell you outright what to do, because the filters would catch it. This is the closest I can get, trust me. I can, however, send a little message.

You should probably read the first word of every paragraph, now.

That is awesome!
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:19 am

wintermourn wrote:there is some heavy panting coming from the bushes in my front garden...

....andy? :|

:lol: :eyes:
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:25 am

Finnvitka wrote:http://www.creepypasta.com has some good stuff but a lot of it is rubbish.

ones like this I find the creepiest:

Don’t dismiss this outright as the work of some raving lunatic. There’s some sense to this story, if you’ll just hear me out…

Look, we all wonder if time travel is possible, right? Well, let me tell you something… it is. I’m from the future, actually. I know you probably don’t believe that, but seriously, I’m from the future. It’s a really great thing; getting to see the past, watching events unfold… stuff like that. We know more now than we ever would.

Behind all the fun, though, there’s a more serious aspect. We aren’t supposed to go in our own lifetime, and we are NEVER allowed to contact our past selves. Let me tell you, I’m breaking that rule right now. Yes, kid, you’re talking to yourself. Your future self. I’m going to be executed for this, but you know what? I accept that. I’m preventing something by talking to you that is WORSE than death. I can’t tell you outright what to do, because the filters would catch it. This is the closest I can get, trust me. I can, however, send a little message.

You should probably read the first word of every paragraph, now.

Ah right, I see. That wasn't particularly scary, but I see what it's all about now.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ALUjoyMJI

Help, is this real or not? Does this man have everyone conned, including me and my dad who took me to see his exhibition when I was 12?

How can he 'paint' something so small, when the surface tension on a bit of paint would be impossible to work with? Argh, this is confuuusing.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 pm

I can't stop watching this gif

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Dunno how we're getting to Bloodstock still,aaargh
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:

I have a fob-watch attached to my wallet. I feel awesome every time I want to know the time 8)
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:

I think I would stop functioning if I didn't have a watch on.
I also think that I am part of a dying breed, that despite having a smart phone, I still mainly use it for texts, and despite having unlimited internet I barely use it and I am not permanently attached to my Facebook status.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 pm

I purposely went for a contract with no internet spec, because I won't use it, and after owning the phone since January (some sort of Nokia) I still have no idea what half of it does and don't intend to venture into the ether and find out :o
Last edited by Littlemissmetal on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:46 pm

I didn't particularly want it but they offered me unlimited text/internet and 100 mins with free phone for £8.50.
So I say "yes please".
I know more or less all the things my phone does because I like to fiddle with it, but I barely use any of it.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Freyja wrote:Dunno how we're getting to Bloodstock still,aaargh

Wuh-oh.

I take it the obvious answers like train and coach are out of the question then?