The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby jackcake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Kami wrote:Urgh <C>.

Which one? :lol:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Summerslam.

First of all, fuck yes Bryan Danielson is back and was awesome, but why did they have to bury the Nexus after all that?
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:20 pm

fuck the nexus they're all shit anyway, what i want to know is why orton isnt wwe champion when he's been a lot more impressive than sheamus recently, and why not just have sheamus win. he's won the title twice in stupid ways and now they have him retain it by disqualification :x
wwe really pisses me off at time :x

will be interesting to see if daniel bryan becomes the united states champion soon though, i think he will which will then free miz up for the wwe title
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Daniel Bryan looked very good in his match at Summerslam, even if he was obviously showing off for the crowd. I'm just disappointed that the pace he showed was more TNA than WWE. He'll probably get slowed down from now on.

Fucking annoyed that Nexus fucked up the intercontinental match. Generally shit tier PPV if I'm honest.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 am

im also annoyed by that, but i've been annoyed by nexus ruining matches right from the start
and after watching some of raw last night im now sure daniel bryan will be fighting for the united states championship at night of champions :yes: if he doesnt, wwe are idiots. he really needs to work on his mic skills though :B
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 pm

No-one here is going to come but here's my next two shows, where I actually get to work. :o

28 August, The Portland Pavilion, Portland Road, Edgbaston, B17 8LS

12 September, Millennium Community Centre, Church Lane, Moreton, Newport, Shropshire. TF10 9DS.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 pm

good luck :yes:

whats everyones thoughts on tna atm? personally, im glad RVD isnt the champion anymore, i think they should push a younger guy for it but it looks like its leading to either angle getting it, or hardy or anderson retiring him and winning the title :(

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm loving TNA at the moment ,the realism angle with having cameras in the locker room like a fly on the wall is what the indies do , which is cool, the matches are always great to watch and impactful, the only thing i am not liking is Abyss , his character doesn't fit the rosta at all

williamderek
Definitely Not Nu

Postby williamderek » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I'm loving TNA at the moment ,the realism angle with having cameras in the locker room like a fly on the wall is what the indies do , which is cool, the matches are always great to watch and impactful, the only thing i am not liking is Abyss , his character doesn't fit the rosta at all

as soon as they gave Abyss a voice they messed up, was much better as the silent distructive monster

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 pm

I have to agree with that , nice to see stevie richards being himself aswell, the guy can really wrestle , he doesn't need silly gimmicks to get noticed

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm

williamderek wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I'm loving TNA at the moment ,the realism angle with having cameras in the locker room like a fly on the wall is what the indies do , which is cool, the matches are always great to watch and impactful, the only thing i am not liking is Abyss , his character doesn't fit the rosta at all

as soon as they gave Abyss a voice they messed up, was much better as the silent distructive monster

same mistake wwe made with kane :(
although saying that kanes promo on smackdown was really good :o

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 pm

That promo was fantastic :yes:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 pm

It was, interesting however, that it was now The Undertaker that made Kane remove his mask... The whole Katie Vick thing never happened!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm

well RAW wasn't too great last night , Miz gets better every week mind you, and Cena's in ring performances get more and more predictable , but i still enjoy listening to him every week , he's still solid , just lacks any wow factor for me

I just have this horrid feeling they are going to bury Danielson oer the next few months :(

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 pm

i was kind of glad to see wade barrett getting into a title match at night of champions, until they announced four of raws best superstars to be included in the match and i realised he has absolutely no chance of winning :x wwe do this all the time, give the young guy a good push but ultimately dont let him win anything. they did it with evan bourne as well who hasnt been in a match for a while now :x
im sure daniel bryan will beat miz for the united states championship though :yes: