The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby jackcake » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:14 pm

I think Sheamus will keep the belt until Royal Rumble. He'll drop it to HHH, who will turn and drop it to <C> at WrestleMania.

I did a rumble the other week and the video's turned up on YouTube. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ShdPG6 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71S_Cz8 ... re=related (almost-Flair bump at 1:45)
Last edited by jackcake on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:20 pm

HHH should be champion for ages when he comes back, he's the perfect heel champion. i think its a bit odd having him as a good guy, hes just such a perfect asshole :P
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if HHH is running on empty when he returns.

I reckon he'd be good in the classic Flair role. Advising and controlling a group of heel youngsters.

Miz v Bryan will be good if Miz lets Bryan actually get some hits off.
6 Pack Challenge will be ball achingly disappointing
Tag Team match will be ungodly bad
Womens match, eh, who cares. Seriously
Ziggler v Kofi will be good as long as they don't interrupt it again
Punk v Big Show will be meh. I hope they end this, it's doing nothing for Punk. Though Big Shows promos are fucking brilliant. I love face Big Show.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Jobdone wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if HHH is running on empty when he returns.

I reckon he'd be good in the classic Flair role. Advising and controlling a group of heel youngsters.

he's got a few years left in him before he reaches that stage in his career im sure, i cant see him doing anything other than wrestling, he's in fantastic shape still, better than some of the younger guys
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:35 pm

also, i can see punk winning and becoming the next number 1 contender. him and big show are the only guys on smackdown who can do it really

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm with the Done Job (i forgot his name again.) on this one. Although it could easily go the other way with a bit of luck. (That and I think Miz isn't going to dick Bryan about as people seem to be expecting.)

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Everyone's expecting Miz to lose the belt so he can cash in the MITB. If Bryan wins it'll probably be by DQ after interference from Riley, sparking a feud between those two. I really like Daniel Bryan but it's too soon to put a belt on him.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:34 pm

I think we'll get a Miz DQ/Cheap Win after a good 10-15 minute bout. Bryan looks strong, and we get the HIAC rematch. I'd expect Bryan to win then, because Miz cashing in after a brutal HIAC match between X and Y seems a more logical cashin.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:50 pm

This could be the night that makes or breaks Danielson for me, he still isn't that over , and Miz is getting a hell of a lot of fans at the moment , no matter how hard he tries to get his heel I hate you don't say my line shouting at the crowd bit going on :lol:

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 am

Holy fuck CM Punk. That was brilliant.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 am

Calibur wrote:Holy fuck CM Punk. That was brilliant.

I want to live in the new CM Punk utopia.

EDIT: SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT

Kofi v Ziggler match was alright.
Big Show v CM Punk was better than I expect, but still wasn't great.
So far Miz v Bryan is showing that the Miz is a decent wrestler, but as suspected he's not letting Byran do shit all. Isn't over yet though. May change.
EDITEDIT: It just did :lol: Good match in the end. Especially wonderful for the fact Alex Riley wasn't allowed to do anything.
Last edited by Jobdone on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 am

i still havent watched impact. i suppose i'll do that now while i wait for night of champions to download.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:59 am

Jobdone wrote:
Calibur wrote:Holy fuck CM Punk. That was brilliant.

I want to live in the new CM Punk utopia.

EDIT: SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT

Kofi v Ziggler match was alright.
Big Show v CM Punk was better than I expect, but still wasn't great.
So far Miz v Bryan is showing that the Miz is a decent wrestler, but as suspected he's not letting Byran do shit all. Isn't over yet though. May change.
EDITEDIT: It just did :lol: Good match in the end. Especially wonderful for the fact Alex Riley wasn't allowed to do anything.

Agreed on most of this. 6-Pack was pretty fun, barring the first elimination and Kane/Taker was surprisingly good.

Punk's Promo is still awesome. Miz was decent to Bryan if you ask me. BEsides, clearly the 'E has faith in him to give him the eelt.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:13 am

Yeah, it got a lot better after the start.

And Kane v Undertaker was good as ever.

EDIT: Extraspoilersandshit

Tag team turmoil. I predict that this will be fucking shit tier. Mainly because Mark Henry is involved. Which is never a good idea.

ALBERTO DEL RIO. The epitome of excellence.

Jerichos leaving was fucking heartbreaking :(

Oh great. Nexus is involved again. Awesome. Ruining another match. It's not even they're heels and I'm falling for it. It's just the fact they're ruining perfectly good matches with their shiteness.
And I did not expect these eliminations. Or the winner.
Well played WWE

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm

impact just finished, the main event didnt. it continues onto fucking reaction :x