The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby manowarrior » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Anyone see the Lesnar/Taker confrontation after Lesnar got 0wnd on Saturday night?
Lordsofpain reckon wwe want them two to have a match at Wrestlemania.

Looking forward to Bragging Rights as the build up has been fantastic, hoping Santino and Reks get a good few minutes to show what they can do.

Going to Turning Point in 2weeks in Orlando (vip style woop!) and hoping the card is announced on Tuesday night as imo they release the matches far too late.
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:35 pm

manowarrior wrote:Anyone see the Lesnar/Taker confrontation after Lesnar got 0wnd on Saturday night?

i did. if its a genuine issue between the two of them, lesnar was smart to walk away. i know he does mma for a living but if him and taker where to have a genuine fight id put my money on taker
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

just watched the buried alive match. dont read this if you havent

wtf are they trying to do with taker? we've barely seen him since wrestlemania, he reappeared and got injured, came back from injury straight into this rivalry with kane and has now lost the buried alive match which i assume means more time off :x why the hell did nexus interfere, there was no point in that at all except maybe to show that taker could beat kane, and might do if he comes back
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 pm

CrapyMike wrote:
manowarrior wrote:Anyone see the Lesnar/Taker confrontation after Lesnar got 0wnd on Saturday night?

i did. if its a genuine issue between the two of them, lesnar was smart to walk away. i know he does mma for a living but if him and taker where to have a genuine fight id put my money on taker

Yeah, taker has the advantage of being really old and falling apart physically... Not to mention his current injury. He would surely beat the former UFC Heavyweight Champion up!

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:42 pm

undertaker has been training in mma since brock was still with wwe, probably before then, i've seen brock fight and he may be a former ufc champion but anyone could study him and find several weaknesses, undertaker has never fought in mma so he wouldnt be as easy to predict. brocks an idiot and he wouldnt take undertaker seriously. id say undertaker would have a fair chance

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:56 pm

If Brock and Taker had a real fight, do you honestly believe they'd have rules :lol:

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm

| More

Posted in: WWE
Original Plans for the Bragging Rights Buried Alive Match, Undertaker Update
By Marc Middleton
Oct 25, 2010 - 5:20:07 AM

- The Undertaker was originally scheduled to win the World Heavyweight Title at last night's Bragging Rights pay-per-view but those plans were changed due to his injury problems. It was reported recently that Taker needed time off for shoulder surgery. Taker reportedly has a torn rotator cuff and will have it operated on but that still is not confirmed.

As seen last night, WWE did the Buried Alive Match finish with Nexus attacking Taker, allowing Kane to get the win. This was done in a way to protect Taker's image as he had already lost to Kane on two straight pay-per-views - the No Holds Barred Match at Night of Champions and the match at Hell in a Cell.

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 am

wouldn't surprise me if taker retires soon
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am

taker will either retire with his streak at 19-0 or 18-1 i think. i just hope its not cena who retires him.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:23 am

Oh great the inevitable re-match , Ziggler and Danielson had a classic last night , cue the Ziggler win :x

I was wrong :o

Nice to see Punk involved, he had some wars with Danielson in the indies :yes:

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 am

aaron_stacey wrote:wouldn't surprise me if taker retires soon

Same, he's far too old to still be in it. Its been going on for years now, constantly out with injuries or just needing time off. Its coming up soon.
Oh and by the way just incase anybody is wondering why im replying on here (as im not a regular to the thread) I've been listening to some old school entrance themes and fancy getting back into it. Im assuming the storylines are similar as they were last time i properly watched it about 2 years ago? Cena winning every match? :lol:

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 am

mcroper wrote:
aaron_stacey wrote:wouldn't surprise me if taker retires soon

Same, he's far too old to still be in it. Its been going on for years now, constantly out with injuries or just needing time off. Its coming up soon.
Oh and by the way just incase anybody is wondering why im replying on here (as im not a regular to the thread) I've been listening to some old school entrance themes and fancy getting back into it. Im assuming the storylines are similar as they were last time i properly watched it about 2 years ago? Cena winning every match? :lol:

ermm kinda lol although cena lost a match meaning he's now in the nexus or he gets fired lol
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:09 am

As much as Cena's matches are very rigid ,the guy is a solid performer, but it's his out of the ring ( non wrestling ) stuff that I enjoy watching , the guy can actually act and is entertaining

Iam starting to think that the Nexus are now working for Vinnie Mac :lol:

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:00 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Iam starting to think that the Nexus are now working for Vinnie Mac :lol:

Didn't the same thing happen with NWO or does my memory fool me?

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:29 am

mcroper wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Iam starting to think that the Nexus are now working for Vinnie Mac :lol:

Didn't the same thing happen with NWO or does my memory fool me?

Yep , that failed too , although Vince said he'd be bringing in the NWO openly, as he hated everyone in the locker room :lol:

Nah this is probably all set up for HHH's return