What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Very tired. Just want to sleep.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 pm

My first job rejection. Fucking yay :(
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Very tired. Just want to sleep.

+1

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Friday night in :(

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 pm

metalsam wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:Very tired. Just want to sleep.

+1
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Smindas wrote:Friday night in :(

+1

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:

+1

Same. Even if Newport is shit, I'd love to do something other than watch James Bond films for yet another night, but all my friends are too busy getting off with new boyfriends. Yaaay.
That and I don't know how to make myself feel better. This is getting stupid. I want to get on with everything but I'm stuck in this stupid fucking rut of feeling shit.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 pm

Guild's being boring as fuck. I'm on Ventrilo, but the raid leader's the only one that is talking - it's like a graveyard in our channel :( I'm such a ronery Swede.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 pm

peypea wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:

+1

Same. Even if Newport is shit, I'd love to do something other than watch James Bond films for yet another night, but all my friends are too busy getting off with new boyfriends. Yaaay.
That and I don't know how to make myself feel better. This is getting stupid. I want to get on with everything but I'm stuck in this stupid fucking rut of feeling shit.

It's beginning to look like I've got no plans for the weekend as well. Fuck yeeeah. :ugh: At least I've got Damnation to look forward to next week. :dibbley:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Think yourself lucky you have Damnation. I totally forgot about my wishes to go this year for the first time when I booked all my time off in Januar, and so, suprise suprise im not going. I am however going to Shite Jizzard for Nottinghams date on their tour, and the week after im going to have to sweet talk my manager for a Sunday off for W.A.S.P. (they play Saturday but ill need a recovery day - also in Notts).

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:47 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:My first job rejection. Fucking yay :(

You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.

Still, the more you do, the more you learn what it is they want to hear, I suppose.

Chugging Pus
Leather Rebel

Postby Chugging Pus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Metallinen wrote:You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.

It doesn't get any better I'm afraid, you just learn to bullshit to a more efficient standard.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Metallinen wrote:

You'd be lucky to get the first one you go for. I've been turned away by three now, two after interview. I'm starting to realise what a superficial load of bollocks the job application process is. It's all about telling them what they want to hear in a way they want to hear it, not how qualified/suited to the job you actually are.

Still, the more you do, the more you learn what it is they want to hear, I suppose.

This was for a Christmas job in Boots :|
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Metallinen wrote:

I don't think this is entirely true. The most likely reason for getting turned down at the moment is that there are so many people applying at the moment that the chances are that someone is always going too have more experience than you.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Turbo wrote:Think yourself lucky you have Damnation. I totally forgot about my wishes to go this year for the first time when I booked all my time off in Januar, and so, suprise suprise im not going. I am however going to Shite Jizzard for Nottinghams date on their tour, and the week after im going to have to sweet talk my manager for a Sunday off for W.A.S.P. (they play Saturday but ill need a recovery day - also in Notts).

Looks like I'll see you there for WW!
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.