A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Karl Gibbens wrote:it is very lister though no mention of curry...

Thats very ture. One of mates got poisend by her kitchen, she had just moved into new digs. Uni sounds like a health hazerd!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:35 pm

Just saw Nine Inch Nails last night and they were awsome! A band I never thought I'd be lucky enough to see. They played for 1hour and three quarters and had an amasing stage set. One thing though they had a rap band supporting. :o And they were terrible. Apparently they were called Soul Wax. However all was forgiven once Nine Inch Nails came on.

Richie Hell
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Richie Hell » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:09 pm

Davros wrote:Uni sounds like a health hazerd!

It's because of the shock of moving away from a situation where you have either your parents cleaning at home, or a cleaner in uni halls of residence. The poor students find themselves wondering why the pots and kitchen surfaces don't magically clean themselves overnight.

Either that, or some students just have a completely different view of hygiene to the rest of the world. For example, the people whoused to live in my house...
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him"

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/RichieHell
http://www.fishkeepingjournal.blogspot.com
http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/richiehell

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:38 pm

Richie Hell wrote:
Davros wrote:Uni sounds like a health hazerd!

It's because of the shock of moving away from a situation where you have either your parents cleaning at home, or a cleaner in uni halls of residence. The poor students find themselves wondering why the pots and kitchen surfaces don't magically clean themselves overnight.

Either that, or some students just have a completely different view of hygiene to the rest of the world. For example, the people whoused to live in my house...

Thats a problem a lot of my mates and relatives have that are at uni have. I've heard that story so many times it's untrue! I don't think I'd ever do uni, I admire anyone who can. I't seems like a very screwed up lifestyle. Hope you get your house sorted soon mate. :yes:

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:53 pm

I stayed livin at home through uni :D best idea. Till i stupidly decided to move in with my g/f. Broke up soon after :(

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:58 pm

Listening to the new Iommi/Hughs album and it ROCKS! anyone who's a fan of Sabbath or Purple should deffo get this. I'm so Chuffed! :) :yes:

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Davros wrote:
Richie Hell wrote:Ah well, things are looking up. The internet works again, I have enough money to last for now, and I came downstairs this morning to find the mouse lying twitching in a pool of bin juice that leaked out a bag a few days ago. Not sure if it died from eating it or whether it just got stuck to it...

I'm kind of proud that my kitchen is so filthy it can kill things. 8)

And yes, I intend to clean it soon... :P

:lol: Thats just sick! Sounds like something off Red Dwaf or Men Behaving Badly.

Been in my rented house now for 8 months, but not found anything as interesting as a dead mouse yet, but i did find a manky sausage behind the oven the other day, so it been there more then 8 months cos i didnt drop it!! Also nearly killed meself at least once, i really must learn to use the old microwave properly, this is what happened. I got one of those plate pies out for tea as a mate was coming round and we were gonna have pie and chips, i stuck it in for what i thought was 10 minutes, and promptly dozed off in front of the telly. i wake up about 30 minutes later coughing my guts up and the house full of smoke. i dash outside to fill my screaming lungs with air and recover, to which the nosey neighbours start to notice smoke pouring out my front door. I make several attempts to get back in the house but the smoke beat me back each time, i finally manage to get back into the kitchen and notice the smoke pouring out the microwave and yank out the plug from the wall. safe to say now that the firemen have arrived. i explain what happened and one of em gets kitted up and goes in and opens all the windows for me. The fireman then explained to me about the benefits of having actual batteries in my smoke alarms. Finally i get back to the microwave and found out the error of my ways, id pushed the wrong button on the front panel thingy and istead of setting in to defrost for 10:00 mins id set it to cook as a 1000lb pie, dumbkopf!! the result of the event was my mate went the chippy and got 2 pie dinners whilst i tried to remove a pie that was burnt to a crisp, 3 inches long and welded to a microwave plate, oh and i put some batteries in my smoke alarm.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Dreamland
Leather Rebel

Postby Dreamland » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:39 pm

1000lb pie :lol:

Extravagant :lol:

PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets

Postby PaulMaiden » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:00 pm

How big would a 1000lb pie be? Do you reckon anyone has ever made one?

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:05 pm

PaulMaiden wrote:How big would a 1000lb pie be?

ive dated one......

:eyes:
Last edited by Fatboy on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamland
Leather Rebel

Postby Dreamland » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:06 pm

PaulMaiden wrote:How big would a 1000lb pie be? Do you reckon anyone has ever made one?

Pretty large I reckon... And who knows if someones made one, we should consult the books and then all get together to make one :D

adaptables
Warrior of Metal

Postby adaptables » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:17 pm

Fatboy wrote:
PaulMaiden wrote:How big would a 1000lb pie be?

ive dated one......

:eyes:

:lol:

But seriously, taking the batteries our of our smoke alarm never stopped the bastard. They can never be stopped!

PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets

Postby PaulMaiden » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:10 pm

after a very loose attempt at making a 1000lb pie, i realised how big it would be when i saw a 5lb pie or something like that my dad has in the fridge!

No Pie please!

Oh and LUB hope ur microwave is ok mate!

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:50 pm

Dunno about 1000lb but this bastard is pretty good

http://www.blogjam.com/2005/04/17/pork-pie/

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:16 am

PaulMaiden wrote:Oh and LUB hope ur microwave is ok mate!

LOL!!

it makes a silent scream everytime i enter the kitchen!! :lol: joking aside though its donald ducked and im going to have to replace it pretty soon!! Landlady wasnt impressed when i told her :( anyone any ideas as to how much a decent (hers was pretty good) 850 watt microwave will set me back???

Cheers :yes:

LUB (Mr un-domesticated)
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson