What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
monkeynutz
Consort of the Beast

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby monkeynutz » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 am

Company/HR have paid to have a 'juice bar'* in the office today. I was kinda pissed off with that anyway (seeing as we can never secure funding for training, they tried to cut our overtime pay recently and a below inflation pay rise this year - in a company that makes around $50-60m profit per annum)

But the things that pushed me over the edge:

a) No orange juice
b) Trying to persuade me that some combination of mango, lemon grass, ginger and other hippy wankery was 'just as good'. It's not. ORANGE IS THE BEST JUICE. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER WOMAN.
c) Noncing round the office spouting unscientific woo about detoxification and other alt-med bollocks.

Had to put Kataklysm on my iPod to stop me from smashing her stupid fucking hippy face in with my monitor.

Had to settle for apple in the end.

* a hippy with a trolly of cartons.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am

my stupid brother is supposed to be coming down today, so i have to stay in to let him in. i also need to go meet someone and im starving so i want to go to the shop and all he told me was he'd be here "about 12" :x
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Getting annoyed by the fact that I don't have a job, so have no money coming in, only money going out due to being at Uni and my Student Loans don't cover my accommodation. Also because my Parent's don't lie and only just earn enough I don't even get any bursary of any kind. Out of a possible £800 in my first year I got £12, when I rang to check this was right I ended up pretty much telling them they were taking the piss.

Have got a job lined up for Christmas, but that's only for three weeks and I start that in a months time. I could really do with being less stressed out and worried now and like for the rest of the year :eyes:
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I just know that its cold outside, and I don't want to find out, but I sort of have to.

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Almost tipped a cup of tea everywhere. Almost.
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm sick of hearing about this fucking royal wedding already. I'm sure there are far more interesting and worthwhile things to saturate the news with than the private lives of the upper classes.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm

VirginInvader wrote:I'm sick of hearing about this fucking royal wedding already. I'm sure there are far more interesting and worthwhile things to saturate the news with than the private lives of the upper classes.

We should get a day off for it, providing they don't con us by having it on a bank holiday.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:15 pm

believe it or not, that post is the first i've heard about any royal wedding :lol:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm

CrapyMike wrote:believe it or not, that post is the first i've heard about any royal wedding :lol:

Me too. My only opinion on the matter: fucking finally. There, that's it.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 pm

CrapyMike wrote:believe it or not, that post is the first i've heard about any royal wedding :lol:

Same actually :lol:

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:39 pm

They cut BBCsomethingorother to BBC News 24 for a bit this morning, but it wasn't annoying because, frankly, what else is on in the mornings? It was on before Dickinson's Real Deal, just to give you an idea of the caliber of programmes that were missed D:

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Wills and Kate, I assume.

I want to marry Harry, though. That'd kick ass.

also I am pissed off today as apparently work had redone the rotas, meaning I was supposed to be in yesterday. Nobody told me. It's safe to assume that when you book a week off, you're not going to go in to check whether the rotas have changed. Besides, I was on a train.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:48 pm

So... you took the days off that you were working that week, and so they changed the days that you were working? Dick move.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Pretty much, I hadn't booked yesterday off but as I don't work weekends and had previously been told that I wasn't working Monday I stayed in Wales for a couple more days. They would have changed them on Wednesday at the latest, that's a whole five days to phone me and let me know. They only have my mobile number as well, so it wasn't like they tried home and got nothing.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Third unsuccessful job interview.

I'm starting to wonder what two years professional experience and a masters degree is worth when I'm only applying for entry-level stuff. Maybe I am just that hopeless. Blergh.