movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:25 am

Luke_X wrote:im bored and going round wikipedia looking at films and ive come across some cool info.

Hitman 2 is now in pre-production and Timothy Olyphant will return as 47, which is very good imo. hopefully they can improve on where the first film failed, namely the love-story which made no sense at all considering he never had emotion and the fact there was a black clone of a white person ?!? hopefully the person writing the script has actually played one of the games and knows the storyline.

xXx 3: The Retun of Xander Cage has also been green lit, and will feature Vin Diesel. hopefully as good as the first film. i wonder if they can get Rammstein to play live in it again?

Riddick 3 & 4 scripts are due to be finished soon with filming for #3 due to start at some point in 2011

Zombieland 2 script is due to be finished early 2011.

Austin Powers 4: estimated release date 2013 "A fourth Austin Powers film is in development, with Mike Myers and director Jay Roach returning. When asked "So no more Austin Powers?" Myers responded, "No, no, there is a fully conceived idea for a fourth and I can just say that it's from Dr. Evil's point of view. So if you balanced how much of it was Austin with Dr. Evil, it's more about Dr. Evil than Austin"

still no release date for Gallowwalker yet, im curious if it is going to be released cas if they are waiting for Wesley Snipes to get out of prison, this wont be released until 2013.

this is the best post i've read on here all year :D
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:30 am

Luke_X wrote:Hitman 2 is now in pre-production and Timothy Olyphant will return as 47, which is very good imo. hopefully they can improve on where the first film failed, namely the love-story which made no sense at all considering he never had emotion and the fact there was a black clone of a white person ?!? hopefully the person writing the script has actually played one of the games and knows the storyline.
ImageImage

xXx 3: The Retun of Xander Cage has also been green lit, and will feature Vin Diesel. hopefully as good as the first film. i wonder if they can get Rammstein to play live in it again?
ImageImageImage

Riddick 3 & 4 scripts are due to be finished soon with filming for #3 due to start at some point in 2011
ImageImage

Zombieland 2 script is due to be finished early 2011.
ImageImage

Austin Powers 4: estimated release date 2013 "A fourth Austin Powers film is in development, with Mike Myers and director Jay Roach returning. When asked "So no more Austin Powers?" Myers responded, "No, no, there is a fully conceived idea for a fourth and I can just say that it's from Dr. Evil's point of view. So if you balanced how much of it was Austin with Dr. Evil, it's more about Dr. Evil than Austin"

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:50 am

personally enjoyed both XXX movies and the Hitman directors cut was good aswell

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:47 am

Saw Tron Legacy yesterday and Voyage of the Dawn Treader the other day.

Both very good. I think VOTDT was the best of the Narnia films so far, but I believe it hasn't done as well as they hoped at the box office, and with the difficulty of getting it made, I can't see anyone carrying the franchise on.

Tron, I thought was fantastic. Only complaint was that there was just a bit TOO much dizzy action, and the digital Jeff Bridges just didn't seem right. Other than that, everything worked pretty well...especially Olivia Wilde in catsuit :love: shame about the haircut though!

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:48 am

Oh, and I was forced to watch It's a Wonderful Life for the first time last weekend...I must say I felt a bit emotional! :oops:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:05 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:personally enjoyed both XXX movies and the Hitman directors cut was good aswell

The first XXX was passable, even if it was undecided as to what its tone was meant to be. One minute it's a casually amusing James Bond rip-off, the next (with the massacre in the lab) it turns way too dark and serious before suddenly popping up all happy and carefree again.

The second was just good old fashioned absolute fucking rubbish.

Gave up on Hitman after half an hour. Couldn't even be arsed to skip it forward to see what happened at the end.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:15 am

Darkweasel wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:The second was just good old fashioned absolute fucking rubbish.

Glad somebody else thought it was awful. I experienced it sat in a room full of people thinking it was the best thing ever. :rolleyes:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:17 am

the only good movie ice cube has ever been in was friday. in fact, 2 and 3 were good as well. XXX2 was awful though
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:49 am

Luke_X wrote:Hitman 2
xXx 3: The Retun of Xander Cage
Riddick 3 & 4
Zombieland 2
Austin Powers 4
Gallowwalker

Out of all of those, the only one I care about is Zombieland 2. But even then, Zombieland doesn't really need a sequel. I'll still see it, though :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:55 am

Jingle All The Way is on soon! It's about fucking time, TV people!
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

aaron_stacey
Leather Rebel

Postby aaron_stacey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 am

angel_of_death wrote:Oh, and I was forced to watch It's a Wonderful Life for the first time last weekend...I must say I felt a bit emotional! :oops:

i always get that title mixed up with an italian film called life is beautiful lol
"let us ponder on the meaning of life" "no no no holy fuck no!"

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:47 am

Darkweasel wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:personally enjoyed both XXX movies and the Hitman directors cut was good aswell

The first XXX was passable, even if it was undecided as to what its tone was meant to be. One minute it's a casually amusing James Bond rip-off, the next (with the massacre in the lab) it turns way too dark and serious before suddenly popping up all happy and carefree again.

The second was just good old fashioned absolute fucking rubbish.

Gave up on Hitman after half an hour. Couldn't even be arsed to skip it forward to see what happened at the end.

xXx is a real good popcorn action movie much like Transporter. xXx2 was a big pile of wank i agree.

Hitman was just misguided. Timothy Olyphant acted it well but the script and director let it down. In the games he just goes around looking for the Doctor who created him and assasinating people in the meantime while trying to not get killed himself. the movie made the character fall in love and had black clones (how i dont know) and the knife fight on the train was really un-needed. and the fact there was only one line in the entire film from the Agency (the voice of the same woman from the game). im glad they are giving it a sequel to try and make up for their mistakes.

Applecore wrote:
Luke_X wrote:Hitman 2
xXx 3: The Retun of Xander Cage
Riddick 3 & 4
Zombieland 2
Austin Powers 4
Gallowwalker

Out of all of those, the only one I care about is Zombieland 2. But even then, Zombieland doesn't really need a sequel. I'll still see it, though :P

if done well it could be alright but the first one was good enough on its own. Gallowwalker was made 3 years ago and looks like an alright vampire film from the trailer. Riddick could be good as well but i want it to be a brutal film, like the cartoon, where the second film was a generic bag of action scenarios. Austin Powers 4 is an interesting way to go and i hope he sticks with the idea of Seth Green as the villain. couldnt be worse then AP3 which suffered from a poor storyline but had amazing characters and actors in it.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:48 am

Just gave up on the remake of The Crazies halfway through. I was bored shitless and couldn`t care what happened to anyone in it. Oddly enough pretty much the same thing happened when I watched the original.

Watched Man On the Moon for the first time the other day, not sure why this has passed me by for so long, a great film with a superb performance by Carey who is so much better in straight roles than comedy.

As for It`s a Wonderful Life...if anyone isn`t moved by the ending then they clearly have no soul!!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:50 am

Soze wrote:Just gave up on the remake of The Crazies halfway through. I was bored shitless and couldn`t care what happened to anyone in it. Oddly enough pretty much the same thing happened when I watched the original.

Couldn't agree more. My record is 30 mins into the original, managed the remake all the way through though. Just didn't really like it that much.

Also, Man on the Moon is brilliant.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Jobdone wrote:
Applecore wrote:Two more Lovefilm rentals will hopefully be arriving tomorrow:
- Frozen
- Splice

Got them both on my harddrive, been meaning to watch them.

Feel free to report whether they're worth watching.

Frozen is excellent.

This, basically. It's a decent enough thriller that's kept my attention nicely and even provided a few squirms. I'd go as far as saying that it's probably quite an accurate depiction of what might happen in this kind of situation. This and Hatchet make Adam Green one I'll be watching for future works.

Not watched Splice yet.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock