A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
RB2610
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby RB2610 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:35 pm

No idea, http://www.cclonline.com seem to generally have the best prices out of all the UK based computer hardware stockists, check there.

And also http://www.overclockers.co.uk sometimes have even better prices (although the only time I have seen a better price was on the monitor I bought last week.)
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Anyone know any good websites for PC speakers btw? :lol:

I've got these: http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/r/logitech%20x-530/0_0_0/

Mountains of bass without getting too muddy or losing any clarity.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Pain smoke pole
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 am

I need some advice.
Already got my BOA ticket but the lineup isn't for me. One of my friends got their ticket for Christmas and doesn't know anyone else going so if i bailed he'd be forced to as well. I don't want to force myself to go to a festival where 1. I'll only have one person i know there i can hang round with and 2. I don't like the majority of the bands.
The Wacken lineup looks really good but the hassle of taking a tent etc over there puts me off majorly, I could sell my BOA ticket and buy a Wacken ticket but that'd mean a lot of traveling hassle and bailing on my friend.
What the hell do i do? :?

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 am

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Anyone know any good websites for PC speakers btw? :lol:

These are quite good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980-00 ... 002L3TSMA/

I live in a flat with people below so decided to get some 2.0 kit. I do miss the sub but these do a decent enough job with bass and give a good, clear overall sound. I can now tell the difference between my FLACs and old 128kbit MP3s.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 am

mcroper wrote:I need some advice.
Already got my BOA ticket but the lineup isn't for me. One of my friends got their ticket for Christmas and doesn't know anyone else going so if i bailed he'd be forced to as well. I don't want to force myself to go to a festival where 1. I'll only have one person i know there i can hang round with and 2. I don't like the majority of the bands.
The Wacken lineup looks really good but the hassle of taking a tent etc over there puts me off majorly, I could sell my BOA ticket and buy a Wacken ticket but that'd mean a lot of traveling hassle and bailing on my friend.

take your friend with you to Wacken?

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:26 am

Lick Mars wrote:

take your friend with you to Wacken?

This was suggested to me, but he's only 14 and his mom barely let him get a BOA ticket so Wacken would be out of the question

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 am

The beauty of festivals is that you sometimes end up hanging around with people you never knew in the first place. Also, seeing the bands is probably no more than half of the appeal of BOA for me - the atmosphere and banter is something I really look forward to. Also, discovering new bands among the lineup is inevitable, and that's a good thing too.

But then again, that's just my view, everyone's different, and I know that for loads of people the lineup is make-or-break in their decision to go.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 am

Lineups don't "head in a good/shit direction", plenty of times they've suddenly thrown in a few awesome bands as well. I'm happy to go just for Immortal, really.

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 am

It's the same as taking one to BOA.
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Well the thing is, i doubt i'll be wandering round saying Hi to random strangers. The music is the biggest appeal to me at festivals because there isn't much else to do besides sit in the campsite getting drunk :|
Also, I don't think that taking all your stuff to BOA is the same as Wacken because you have to deal with airports etc

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Yeah, that's fair enough - I'm not the kind of person to go up to randomers and start drinking with them, but I've often found them coming up to me and whoever I'm with, and we end up drinking all evening and having hours of lols. :lol:

Also, I guess you have to think more carefully about what you take to Wacken, but I've never been unable to fit all I need into a big camping bag, and having another smaller bag as hand luggage. Though James managed to cart a great big holdall with 15kg worth of stuff to Wacken 07. :lol:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Do what I do and go to both!
You don't need friends at festivals, you make em!
I'd choose Wacken over BOA though if there's a choice

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm moving all my music from my laptop to my external harddrive.
It's taking fucking AGES.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 pm

I guess, though i'd love to go to Wacken. I just don't want to abandon him and i'm meant to be funding a Download ticket too :eyes:
I think i'll just hold on to the BOA ticket for now and see what future announcements are like. If i do end up going i'll just hang round with some of you lot :lol: