The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MotorAmarth » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:05 pm

The thing about other people's kids is usually the ones who make a negative impression on you are the ones who are horrible, badly behaved little shits.
The solution would be to raise them better. Me and my brother were raised better than my cousins, we never got in trouble and were apparently really easy kids whereas some of my cousins were picked up by young offenders at about aged 8 and had been just as badly behaved since they started school.

Obviously it's easier said than done

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:10 pm

I want kids. Not at the moment (still feel a bit too young to be a mother), but perhaps by the time I'm 27-30.

I really want to spend a few years enjoying being a wife before my attention has to turn to someone else. I feel like a child would invade the space between me and James atm. :lol: That, and seeing other kids being little shits when we're out shopping is something I couldn't really handle if they were my own.

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:I sometimes think people get so hooked up on the idea of the "big wedding" they forget it's really about how much you love your partner, and the fact that you want your family and friends to be there to witness your vows and celebrate your day.

Yeah, I agree with this. I know that planning a wedding makes a lot of women really happy while it lasts, and I've seen on wedding forums (i.e. the most terrifying place on the internet) that they often feel really empty in the weeks and months AFTER the wedding, because the planning has taken up their lives to such an extent. They seem to lose sight of the purpose of the day - it's not a day to impress your friends and family with your unique and quirky 'wedding ideas', it's a day to share your love for your partner, and inviting others along to be a part of it.
What pissed me off was one of my friends telling me that "there's a life after the wedding", when I happened to be talking about the planning. Fucking patronising cow, implying that my only interests lie in going mental over the planning of it.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:16 pm

I kinda want kids.

Then I realise I'd probably be a terrible, uninterested father and end up with fat, yelling children who I'll eventually end the lives of with a crippler crossface and hang myself.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:51 pm

thehairyone wrote:I would agree with you Dan - people will change their mind about these things. I'm generally of the same opinion as Mike - kids are really annoying. I love to play with them, but so long as they are someone elses. I really would not want to inflict my own spawn on this world. I doubt my own opinion will change. It might, but the way I feel about kids, and myself, it's not going to happen.

In fact, studies have shown that the majority of childless people decided they wanted to be that way from an early age. 24 years old and have no intention of spawning or marrying :yes:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:54 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
thehairyone wrote:I would agree with you Dan - people will change their mind about these things. I'm generally of the same opinion as Mike - kids are really annoying. I love to play with them, but so long as they are someone elses. I really would not want to inflict my own spawn on this world. I doubt my own opinion will change. It might, but the way I feel about kids, and myself, it's not going to happen.

In fact, studies have shown that the majority of childless people decided they wanted to be that way from an early age. 24 years old and have no intention of spawning or marrying :yes:

Or just most people don't want children at our age anyway but then change their mind later in life
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Jobdone wrote:I kinda want kids.

Then I realise I'd probably be a terrible, uninterested father and end up with fat, yelling children who I'll eventually end the lives of with a crippler crossface and hang myself.

Don't forget the bibles :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm

mcroper wrote:

Nah, it'll be my The Zodiac and their Meanings: 2011 Edition :eyes:

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Jobdone wrote:
mcroper wrote:

Nah, it'll be my The Zodiac and their Meanings: 2011 Edition :eyes:

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Don't want kids, not sure if I'll ever want them in the future either - probably not.

Marriage? I don't know tbh. I like the idea of it, living together and spending the rest of your lives together, but I don't like the whole "big white wedding" bit - I see no point in wasting money you don't have on something that will only last one day.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I wouldn't mind kids in the future, in a decade or so (I'm 24 now). As for marriage, not too bothered by the piece of paper but it would be nice to find someone to share my life with.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:36 pm

The older I get the less I want kids. I'd get married, but kids its like the end of 'my' life, I'd have to be in a position where I was putting them first. I think I'd make a good parent, but I'm so selfish right now, my 20s are for ME. If i change my mind I'll prob be too old to have them.
However the idea of fostering or adopting appeals to me a lot more, dunno why

Silent Bob
Warrior of Metal

Postby Silent Bob » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Lick Mars wrote:The older I get the less I want kids. I'd get married, but kids its like the end of 'my' life, I'd have to be in a position where I was putting them first. I think I'd make a good parent, but I'm so selfish right now, my 20s are for ME. If i change my mind I'll prob be too old to have them.
However the idea of fostering or adopting appeals to me a lot more, dunno why

You don't have to go through the 9 months of rollercoaster hormones (this applies to both sexes) and then the ordeal of hospital?
Bloodstock Main Stage Crew 2010

Me
My man
My ModelMayhem stuff

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:44 pm

I'd like to be married just because i'd feel a bit more secure. I'm a little undecided about children though, on the one hand it'd be great but on the other hand it costs a load of money and can ruin marriages

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:49 pm

I've never wanted kids. Too much hard work and I can pretty much guarantee I'd be a terrible father.
(Scatterbrained + kids = bad combination)

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:01 pm

We have gone from:' most definately NEVER having children'

to... ' hmmm well it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world to happen'

We now have names, but no plans.

When Chris turned 30 and we both still didn't want children I honestly thought that we wouldn't have children, which I was happy about as I like spending time just the two of us.

We both sort of changed our minds at the same time which was good, so it wasn't as though one changed their mind and tried to change the others mind.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...