Pooping Ladies Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ndnd
Denim Demon

Re: Women Discussions. For Women Things.

Postby Ndnd » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Make up just makes me feel better about myself as does doing hair properly (not putting it in a pony tail)

I'm sure there isn't a huge difference between me with and without makeup, but psychologically it makes a difference.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:
Fjar wrote:
I always mean it when I give compliments. I can't see how anyone could feel comfortable giving compliments if they're lies, or said just because they 'should'.

This. I do usually have something nice to say for people, but I have to mean it, or I won't say it. I can't even do the "giving compliments to make the person feel better" if it isn't 100% sincere.

I'm the same.
However I'm not very good at accepting compliments. I still get a bit funny about it when the OH gives them to me - and we've been going out for 5 and a half years :|

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm a little bit perplexed by them usually, and I don't accept them very well either!
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:27 pm

A bit OT from what we were talking about but...

For Christmas I got some band tops (Man sizes) that I was planning on modding to make them lady tops.
Just wondering if anyone has some different ideas to what I have already done, because ideally I would like to make them look different.

So far I have made; different styles of halter neck, off the shoulder tops, boob tub, tank top with the back slashed out of it, normal tshirts

I'm thinking maybe of slashing the sides out of one, or maybe cutting it up and putting some ribbon in it? Argh I dunno!

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Has anyone had a Brazilian blowdry before?

I am thinking of getting it done as I spend ages nuking my hair with straighteners each day, I go through heat spray like tap water.

I am sceptical about whether it will really stay straight for that long, but I think I might take the plunge and give it a try.
Mau Mau

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:03 pm

I know someone who has, and they said their hair was straight for about six weeks before it started curling up again. It does look like it's worth it if you spend a lot of time straightening your hair every day.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm really tempted, as I spend ages straightening it. The thing that puts me off is leaving it 4 days without washing it at the beginning, but if it works it will be small price to pay :)
Mau Mau

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:22 pm

it might be worth having a look on google for reviews? It's not something I'd ever need but I'd imagine loads of people have reviewed it online.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

The reviews seem pretty positive, so I might take the plunge.

Apparently it can last anything between 6 weeks and 3 months, and if you have really curly hair you might need to straighten it a little bit.

Most the reviews seemed to suggest 2 months.

Whilst writing the post I have decided I will have it done, I'm just not sure when (ideally I'd like it done at a time when I can hide at home for 4 days, and around times with loads of social stuff)

I'll post about it when I get it done I'm sure.
Mau Mau

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Manadh wrote:A bit OT from what we were talking about but...

For Christmas I got some band tops (Man sizes) that I was planning on modding to make them lady tops.
Just wondering if anyone has some different ideas to what I have already done, because ideally I would like to make them look different.

So far I have made; different styles of halter neck, off the shoulder tops, boob tub, tank top with the back slashed out of it, normal tshirts

I'm thinking maybe of slashing the sides out of one, or maybe cutting it up and putting some ribbon in it? Argh I dunno!

How about a corset style top? Tie it up with ribbon at the back? I think they look really cute
Maybe a one-sleeved top as well?

I've also started experimenting, but havent tried those two yet! Will do with my next ones maybe

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Hamdir wrote:
Manadh wrote:A bit OT from what we were talking about but...

How about a corset style top? Tie it up with ribbon at the back? I think they look really cute
Maybe a one-sleeved top as well?

I've also started experimenting, but havent tried those two yet! Will do with my next ones maybe

That reminds me I need to make an alteration to my Immortal corsetty top because I lost weight since getting it about two years ago. That and it's probably stretched a little bit.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 pm

*jumps in*
Random fact for da ladies. I have straightened my hair every single day at least once since I was about 13/14 even when it was long, the only exception being if ive gone to the shop across the road after waking up (but it will have been straightened the day before anyway). I dont think I could actually leave the house without doing it :|
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 pm

I can easily say that you're more of a woman than me :lol:
I haven't straightened my hair in about 2 weeks and haven't wore makeup since last week, maybe before that

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:43 pm

I never, ever straighten my hair. I wonder if it would look better if I did, but I can't be arsed finding out. :lol: Also, I do enough heat damage pulling it about when I blow-dry it every morning.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm

:lol:
Even if im just going to a lecture or something ill still spend a good hour or two 'getting ready' - im not sure entirely what that involves but aye. Even if I didnt see anyone really that day, I like things being a certain way but mainly my hair. This often causes arguments on nights out and whatnot as if im out with a bunch of lasses im always the last one out the door :lol:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.