TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Luke_X » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am

10 O'clcok was ok at best. the good jokes came from Charlie Brooker and the roasting David Mitchell gave the MP. Jimmy Carr was his normal self and the girl did nothing but sit there and be annoying to the other comedians who were trying to do their jobs and she kept interrupting them mid joke (as was noticable by the dirty look David gave her when he was trying to joke with Charlie).

i think people should give Red Dwarf a chance. BtE was only a reunion episode so it was never going to be amazing. this time they got 6 episodes and a year to write the script and as Craig Charles has said he'll only do it if its as good as Series 5 and 6, thats a good sign. they obviously listened to the fans about the reunion episode so just have a little faith. im personally more worried they will use a laughter track instead of a real audience, whihc ruins any humour imo.

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Luke_X wrote:10 O'clcok was ok at best. the good jokes came from Charlie Brooker and the roasting David Mitchell gave the MP. Jimmy Carr was his normal self and the girl did nothing but sit there and be annoying to the other comedians who were trying to do their jobs and she kept interrupting them mid joke (as was noticable by the dirty look David gave her when he was trying to joke with Charlie).

Anyone who didn't instantly know from the advert that she was just there to act as eye candy is far, far too PC for their own good.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 pm

did you not notice all of them completely ignoring her several times before she interrupted though?
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:06 pm

can you blame them though? she killed quite a lot of their joks, and wtf was up with her little segment, it was like she wanted them to hate her. i would have preferred Miranda Hart to be there as she is actually funny, although as pointed out she is the sex appeal.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:15 pm

i wasnt paying much attention if im honest, but i didnt see her do anything massively out of order
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:21 pm

CrapyMike wrote:i wasnt paying much attention if im honest, but i didnt see her do anything massively out of order

I didn't even watch it (to 4od later!) and I can already tell you that just by being Lauren Laverne, she was bang out of order by being unfunny, annoying and completely pointless for everything ever.

I bet at one point she exclaimed that she's so excited a little bit of wee came out.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Noodle wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:I bet at one point she exclaimed that she's so excited a little bit of wee came out.

i think she actually did say that. thats worrying :S

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 am

Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena.

Ok I suppose this is a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". A few familiar faces return for more fighting, fucking & foul language all laced with blood, tits & slow mo action.

So, all good so far. :lol:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Four episodes into Boardwalk Empire now.
Excellent stuff.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Fuck you guys, I like Lauren LaVerne.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 pm

i pay no attention to what she says, but i would probably sleep with her so im going to say i like her. although on that basis i like all women.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am

Latest Family Guy (last week's - I forgot it was on) was 18 minutes of meh, a couple of quality moments but featured the best Incredible Hulk intro ever made.

Episode 3 of V was very good. There should be more skinning on TV.

Episode 5 of Boardwalk Empire was a total snoozefest. It's been a great show so far but that episode was just one long yawn.

markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markguy764 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Episode 5 of Boardwalk Empire was a total snoozefest. It's been a great show so far but that episode was just one long yawn.

How good has the rest been, hoping to catch it when it comes onto tv here.

Also Lauren Laverne is pointless on 10 O'clock news but then i knew that beforehand.
I knew what to expect from Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell and was happy to see them on form :yes:
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 pm

markguy764 wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Episode 5 of Boardwalk Empire was a total snoozefest. It's been a great show so far but that episode was just one long yawn.

How good has the rest been, hoping to catch it when it comes onto tv here.

The first episode is excellent, the 2nd slows down a bit but is still quality, the third and fourth are excellent again but five nearly sent me to sleep.
Judging only on what I've seen thus far, it's definitely worth a go.

Looking forward to watching Six Feet Under from the beginning when Sky Atlantic starts up.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 pm

New series of Embarrassing Bodies starts on Friday at 9pm on C4.

The trailers already have me going "WTF IS THAT!?!?"
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?