The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 am

im afraid that will never happen :lol:

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:in fairness I think Anderson was supposed to say Bubba Ray in that promo.

He was, but the name Bubba Ray is owned by WWE.

Speaking of WWE, Night of Champions was...uh...well...it had it's moments.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm quite excited at the prospect of seeing Claudio Castagnoli (Antonio Cesaro for those who don't watch indy wrestling) wrestle in WWE. Hopefully this time he makes it through FCW! He's an insanely good wrestler. If anyone see's his matches with chris Hero (As The Kings of Wrestling) or against Colt Cabana (both of who got WWE tryouts too) They are insanely good!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 pm

well I have to say i thoroughly enjoyed NOC , i thought the beginning of Cena's match was pure gold too :lol:

Main event was awesome from start to finish

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:13 pm

NOC was actually alright, by far my favourite bit and the only bit that was 'different' to the generic norm was Henry winning. Think about it, a HEEL champion that is billed as unstoppable and will in his own words 'take on all comers' Such a nice change from cowards who run away every week then sneak a victory at the PPV. Henry getting a clean win over Orton while almost squashing him, i'm really digging that. Really am.

Other than that, Punk/Trips was good, if a bit of a clusterfuck and obvious HHH was going to win, Cena match was a generic yawnfest. I forget the rest, apart from Rhodes winning.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh come on the entrances for that Cena match were awesome :lol:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm

The Divas match stood out from a psychological perspective. The face/heel roles were almost reversed in the match. The crowd was on Beth's side and she acknowledged it while working a sort of tween role. Wallace stole a win and didn't hang around. I actually thought it was an interesting match.

The tag team match was boring apart from the ref bump. Rhodes/DiBiase didn't really do much for me and the four-way was little more than throwaway to continue the Vicky storyline.

Cena/Del Rio/Henry/Orton - didn't really care.

CM Punk v HHH was brutal. It was a good match, spoiled by the run-ins. Clearly leading to a Cell match. Scott Armstrong is a right hardnut. :lol: Looked genuinely hurt after Truth was shitcanned on top of him.

It was an OK PPV. Wasn't bad by a long way but could have been much better.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:38 pm

according to the websites Nash was genuinely hurt by that shot in the mush last night aswell, he was genuinely out cold oops :lol:

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 pm

I don't think he was out cold. As safety-conscious as WWE is regarding head injuries, there probably would have been some signal to say he was ok. So if he was actually knocked out the meds would have swarmed.

It looked stiff though!

Edit: http://www.wrestlescoop.com/2011/09/19/ ... pions-ppv/

I take it all back. :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 pm

herzeleid wrote:NOC was actually alright, by far my favourite bit and the only bit that was 'different' to the generic norm was Henry winning. Think about it, a HEEL champion that is billed as unstoppable and will in his own words 'take on all comers' Such a nice change from cowards who run away every week then sneak a victory at the PPV. Henry getting a clean win over Orton while almost squashing him, i'm really digging that. Really am.

Agreed so much. I'm getting very bored of the cowardly heel champion. They booked Miz like that and I feel it really neutered his run especially as I think he got just one clean win during his reign. I look forward to Mark Henry's reign of terror.

I was kinda pissed that Kelly beat Beth, but it continues the feud I suppose and Kelly didn't suck as much as usual in that match so that's a bonus. She'll do the job in 2 weeks at Hell in a Cell I reckon and then we'll have a Diva's champ who can actually wrestle for the first time in...well I don't even remember.

The main event came across as throwback to the overbooked days of Vince Russo's cancerous stint as head booker of WCW except done in a slightly more tasteful and understandable manner. I actually want to watch RAW to see what the hell the reasoning behind it all is instead of wanting everyone involved to be burnt in a fire. Overall, I enjoyed the PPV.

HOWEVER

John Cena is now a ten time WWE champion and I am fucking sick to the back teeth of seeing him with that strap around his waist. In fact, I am just 100% sick of seeing John Cena at all. His character is so horribly stale and predictable. I'd say the Cena the man seems like a nice guy but he just comes across as another Hogan, burying everybody left right and centre for his own gain. The Miz? Buried. Alberto Del Rio? Buried. CM Punk? Buried. Wade Barrett? Buried, buried and buried again. Once he was even literally buried under a heap of steel chairs and recently he was squashed in about 3 minutes and got in all of one move. And we all know Cena is going to be champ by the time Wrestlemania rolls around too so that either means he's going to continue to be champ for another 7 months or he's going to lose it and win it back at least one more time between then and now.

Sick to death of the guy.
Image Laz0r Image

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:41 am

people will keep buying his t-shirts though, and soon enough he'll beat flairs 16 world titles.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 am

CrappyMike wrote:children will keep buying his t-shirts though, and soon enough he'll beat flairs 16 world titles.
Image Laz0r Image

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 am

it's not just kids though is it, he's very American and the fans over there really do adore him, the pure wrestling fans however don't

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:25 am

i've only dabbled in WWE for the past few years but I thought he'd gone back to his wigger personality rather than that all american boy thing?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Nooooope!

Anyways, another Raw over. Mark Henry is my new favourite thing about WWE currently. He's an awesome, awesome heel. I just hope they let him keep it through The Cell, I have a feeling Orton will win somehow and Henry will go back to the midcard. That'd fucking suck.

Also, Hugh Jackman is a broski, that was ace.