The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:46 pm

some major spoilers are floating around from the latest impact tapings. title changes and injuries, apparently. no idea who or what, and i intend to keep it that way until it airs.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Same as last week, the week before and every week prior. Hulk Hogan put himself over and shat on everything else.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm amazed people still watch TNA.

I gave up on it a long, long time ago.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 pm

despite some questionable choices, the in ring product is far better than it is in WWE.

also, they're doing more and more tapings on the road, which is great, and also pushing young talent properly.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:08 pm

I just read that the Impact after Bound For Glory, which had their best ratings ever had in two hours 7 minutes and 6 seconds of actual wrestling. I know WWE is bad for it, but jeez. That takes the non-action biscuit.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:28 pm

yeah, it was pretty short on wrestling. but hey, it's still better than smackdown every week and was as good as raw that week. it was really just setting up new storylines, and tbf the first raw after wrestlemania is usually shit

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:55 pm

CrappyMike wrote:yeah, it was pretty short on wrestling. but hey, it's still better than smackdown every week and was as good as raw that week. it was really just setting up new storylines, and tbf the first raw after wrestlemania is usually shit

This is what TNA fans actually believe.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:yeah, it was pretty short on wrestling. but hey, it's still better than smackdown every week and was as good as raw that week. it was really just setting up new storylines, and tbf the first raw after wrestlemania is usually shit

This is what TNA fans actually believe.

Exactly.

This weeks smackdown was brilliant. Progressed lots of different stories and had loads of actual wrestling.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 pm

smackdown is never, ever good. their world champion cant talk and he cant wrestle, and the last number 1 contender wasnt much better :lol:

some people will never acknowledge that TNA arent doing everything wrong though. the product is far from perfect but it's getting better, with younger talent getting pushed. 3 of the champions have never held a major title before (5 if you include miss tessmacher and anarquia)
wwe have 1, evan bourne.
hogan will be off TV very soon, possibly bischoff as well. sting is out of the ring for now, steiner isnt doing anything, kurts training for the olympics and jarrett is where he belongs, mid card. TNA is in the middle of a major improvement.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Not really wrestling, but I met Randy Couture.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 8063_n.jpg
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 pm

I almost gave up on tna as it felt like a chore to watch but Bound for Glory was really good, a total trainwreck but entertaining as fook!

Fingers crossed its a new era as imo tna havent had a single good ppv in months, infact, I cant remember what good ppv tna has had before Bound for Glory.
IMO it could be in my top 5 ppvs of the year.
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:57 pm

I really thought youse all gave it to much praise but Destination X was the last above average TNA pay per view.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:38 pm

impact was great. really all raw has to interest me now is punk and the nash/triple h feud. found myself falling asleep before the main event the last few weeks. impact, however, has only improved since BFG. excellent ending especially, the few promos were good and the x-division match with kid kash being a dick on commentary was great, good ending as well. and very little bischoff and flair and no hogan, who is being kept off TV so as to not overshadow the younger talent they're pushing.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Watching Smackdown now and it opens with a GREAT street fight match between Orton and Cody. This is PPV calibre match.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Aye I really enjoyed Smackdown this week, which is beyond rare for me.

Speaking of TNA, I present you all with this for a chuckle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zOr51gqDbQ

EDIT: While i'm here, do people actually like Dolph Ziggler? I just can't bring myself to give a shit about him. Normally when someone does the whole "i'm amazing" thing like he does when he yells "I'm too good at this" or whatever, I either get angry or think yeah he's so right. With Ziggler I just think "that's nice" and skip through his match against Kofi Kingston that he has every week forever. There's just nothing that great about him, bar a fairly natural ring ability.