The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby jackcake » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 am

You do know the Slammys is a plot device, right? The only legit one is the Superstar of the Year and I'm not entirely convinced by that either, though it did go to the right bloke.

Made me laugh when Cole was trying to vote for The Miz on his hypePad and it confirmed a vote for Randy Orton. :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 am

yeah im aware. i just think it would have been nice for edge to win it, as that really was a game changer. as for the trending one, how would that work? it was clearly a fix but im curious as to how they would ensure ryder was trending. and yeah punk definitely deserved it. his tribute tp john laurinitis was hilarious, continuing with his all round incredible form this year.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am

way to go wwe. watch TLC, great night all round.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Still need to watch that. Internet in the house has being going at third world speeds recently so it's been tricky keeping up with both promotions. I have been enjoying TNA recently. Aries and Cash's match where they were trying to out-heel each other was great and Antony Neese vs Zeema Ion was quality too. I'm glad there's 2 more matches in the series. I was a bit dubious at first about the randomised tag tournament thing but it's a good way for them to work a lot of mid-card stuff into the show. And a good way as well to get Joe off his losing streak without just doing a bunch of singles squash matches. Also I think I must be psychic, I said to my housemate literally 2 days before it happened wouldn't it be funny if ODB and Eric Young start bucking. Those 2 teaming should be good fun.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:44 pm

avoid TLC spoilers if possible. havent watched it myself but just from peoples reactions i already know its good.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm dubious about the Nash vs HHH sledgeladder match given that Nash hasn't been able to wrestle a normal match well for about 3 or 4 years now but i'll take your word for it and watch it later
Upcoming Gigs

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Currently watching TLC, so far it's been fucking amazing, going to have my tea and finish off watching it. Only got the triple threat to go. One thing that did piss me off is...

spoiler

Daniel fucking Bryan, bellend.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 pm

REPLY TO SPOILER, SO IN EFFECT, SPOILER

really? this is exactly what smackdown needs, henry and big show are both boring as hell, against each other its even worse. worst series of matches i have ever seen, and i saw the feud between lashley and steiner in TNA. the sooner henry fucks off back to occasionally making someone look good and big show goes back to being angry on the midcard the better. DB will bring some excitement to the WHT which has been sorely lacking since edge retired.

TheRiverDragon
Powermetal Child

Postby TheRiverDragon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 pm

REPLY TO SPOILER, SO IN EFFECT, SPOILER

Why are you mad about them putting the belt on D Bry? He's the best pure wrestler in the WWE right now, if not, well the world! And seeing as how the WWE writer's have failed in pushing technically great superstars previously *cough* Shelton Benjamin, Daniel Bryan's push to my mind cannot be construed as anything other than a positive thing. To my mind Smackdown had been the better brand in every way but one leading up to TLC, and that one factor was the primary champion, and subsequent feuds between champion and No.1 contender, and seeing as how we've had a lackluster feud between ADR and Punk for the past couple of months, tat should be testament to how boring Show vs. Henry has been. Having Bryan in the main event will lead to some outstanding matches as opposed to extremely boring matches with one memorable spot in them (in all fairness though, very few people seemed to remember the ring break spot the first time it happened so what's it to say it won't be forgotten again) It may also lead to a heel turn for Bryan, what with Smackdown lacking any real credible heels, since they decided Orton should bury Barrett and Rhodes possibly (hopefully) having a Wrestlemania clash with Goldust that could steal the show.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:53 am

just finished TLC. the triple threat was awesome, loved it from start to finish :D

not going into detail about every match, but while i know most people will say mitb is their ppv of the year, TLC is without a doubt my ppv of the year, followed distantly by destination x.

best thing about it? orton on the mid card and cena nowhere in sight.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 am

That was the first time I have watched a PPV in years and to be fair it was quite awesome.

Edit.

Just watched RAW, it was quite lame to be fair, expected after everyone is probably ridiculously fatigued.

SPOILER
What the fuck is wrong with Kane?
Just like, face grabbing Cena and running off with his shirt? Fucking weird.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Kane was awesome. Smothering Cena instead of a generic beating was a good touch. As long as it doesn't turn out as another 'cenawinslol' it could be rather good.

By the way, I assume MA MAIN MAN D-BRAH will lose the title tonight.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Someone want to tell me the finish to Rhoades vs. Booker? The video I was watching refused to buffer to the end and there was no replays at the start of the next part so I missed it after the point Book was about to do the Spin-a-Rooney.

The US title match was a great start. Ziggler has become one of my favourites since i've started watching WWE again and even if i'm not a broski as such it's fun watching Ryder. From his celebrations afterwards you see how much it means to him and how genuine this push is. Tag match was dull but I didn't expect it to be anything good. Had to skip the diva's match. Kelly Kelly's (is that her name?) screaming was too annoying.

Pleasantly surprised by Nash's performance, nice finish as well. Saw the finish in Orton vs Wade a mile off but still pretty good. I agree with Mike on Daniel Bryan making the championship interesting again. It needs it after that boring chair match. The triple threat though was fantastic. Best match i've seen since i've started watching WWE again. Del Rio is a bit dull I think but when he was dominating the match after Punk went through the table he was so vicious. Had the sort of spirit of some old Attitude era matches (Rocky vs Foley I quit match and that sort of stuff.)
Upcoming Gigs

TheRiverDragon
Powermetal Child

Postby TheRiverDragon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Rhodes hit Booker with a beautiful disaster, Booker kicked out then he hit him with another beautiful disaster and got the win.

Also speaking of the tag match, why would they build the Latino stable around Hunico and then not have him compete in the tag match for the championships? I mean, I know he's not from Puerto Rico, but Rosa Mendes is from Canada and she was there :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 pm

TheRiverDragon wrote:Rhodes hit Booker with a beautiful disaster, Booker kicked out then he hit him with another beautiful disaster and got the win.

Also speaking of the tag match, why would they build the Latino stable around Hunico and then not have him compete in the tag match for the championships? I mean, I know he's not from Puerto Rico, but Rosa Mendes is from Canada and she was there :lol:

You could say the same about the Mexican faction in TNA. They're from LA, San Antonio, New York and that well known Latino enclave, Winnipeg
Upcoming Gigs