Cosmic Void Festival - Camden - 3rd & 4th October

Share tour news and event information in here.
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Cosmic Void Festival - Camden - 3rd & 4th October

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Another festival popping up in Camden. A lot of new fests in London at the moment,

First Acts:

Mysticum
Urfaust

Expensive though, 90 quid a ticket and I think that's the early bird price. Can't see many of these new fests lasting more than a year charging these prices.

https://www.cosmicvoidfestival.com/
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Cosmic Void Festival - Camden - 3rd & 4th October

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:11 pm

Yeah that's a pretty ludicrous price, especially considering these 2 bands are hardly big names.

Can see this one getting cancelled. On that note have they cancelled Lords Of The Land in Scotland yet? 3 bands announced and no venue and less than 2 months until its supposed to happen, it ain't going ahead!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 am

It's £100 with the booking fee which is ridiculous.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:46 am

jwh20 wrote:It's £100 with the booking fee which is ridiculous.

Wow.

Brutal Assault is £85 for a 4 day festival in a castle, Eindhoven Metal Meeting is £78 for a 2 day fest in a big venue with big bands.

What kind of lunatic thinks people are gonna pay £100 for a 2 day fest at the underworld with bands like Mysticum and Urfaust? They must be planning someone REALLY special if they think they can justify that price.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:40 am

They'll have to really stack the lineup to justify the price, that's a lot of money for a weekender in a single venue. That's early bird tickets too, so I imagine they'll go up even higher at some point.

bloodfiend wrote:On that note have they cancelled Lords Of The Land in Scotland yet? 3 bands announced and no venue and less than 2 months until its supposed to happen, it ain't going ahead!

They still seem to be selling tickets but I think you're right. Even if they were to pull something out and announce a full lineup and new venue today, they can't have sold that many tickets off the back of what they've announced already, and they probably won't sell many more on 2 months notice.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:19 pm

robin8585 wrote:They'll have to really stack the lineup to justify the price, that's a lot of money for a weekender in a single venue.

It's two venues, not that it justifies the cost of course. They must have surely booked an act large enough for the electric ballroom.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:30 pm

Forgotten tomb announced as a UK exclusive......whoever they are.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Ghost wrote:Forgotten tomb announced as a UK exclusive......whoever they are.

Depressive black metal, they're awesome.

Apparently this is at the Electric Ballroom as well as the Underworld, which may explain the stupid price. This isn't going to end well, they're booking niche black metal bands for a big venue and charging people a fortune.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:14 pm

Rumours they might be getting Darkspace to play this, if so I'll buy a ticket in a heartbeat.... Actually I won't, I'll buy a ticket when I know its definitely gonna happen.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Archgoat!!!

Announcement a day it seems.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Clicked on this as it sounded like a stoner rock festival!

BIt ambitious - cant say I've heard of many of the announcement but to leap in with the EB and Underworld is ambitious. Desertfest only started with the Underworld as its main hall and grew into the size it is after a few years
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Ghost wrote:Archgoat!!!

Grrr. It would be awesome to see them again minus the fucked up sound but I'm still not tempted at that price. It would take something extraordinary, like Slayer coming out of retirement for a 1-day UK exclusive.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:25 pm

gavdann wrote:
Ghost wrote:Archgoat!!!

Grrr. It would be awesome to see them again minus the fucked up sound but I'm still not tempted at that price. It would take something extraordinary, like Slayer coming out of retirement for a 1-day UK exclusive.

Darkspace would classify as something extraordinary for me.

This is looking really good so far, hope it goes ahead and they haven't committed suicide with the ticket prices.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:23 pm

Incineration charge fifty quid for a one day event so you could argue that 100 for two days is actually acceptable. Obviously they need a few larger acts but it's not like Incineration have that many big acts. Judging by the amount of people watching them at the underworld before Christmas I would say Archgoat are on par with Mgla and Tsjunder from the Incineration line up.

Same applies to the UK Deathfest line up. Autopsy and Nuclear Assault are as big as Bloodbath and Dark Funeral.

The fact they are both two days is the biggest issue. I wouldn't stay overnight in London so would only go to one day. Two days ultimately means less people overall per day.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:58 am

Don't get why these fests jump right to Underworld and Ballroom rather than start smaller at The Dome/Boston Arms which is only up the road.

bloodfiend wrote:What kind of lunatic thinks people are gonna pay £100 for a 2 day fest at the underworld with bands like Mysticum and Urfaust? They must be planning someone REALLY special if they think they can justify that price.

Book a band who are a rarity but not all that expensive, chuck in a 3/4 similar bands and a ton of bands who'll play for peanuts and hey presto, you have yourself a day festival in London :lol:

bloodfiend wrote: On that note have they cancelled Lords Of The Land in Scotland yet? 3 bands announced and no venue and less than 2 months until its supposed to happen, it ain't going ahead!

I didn't even notice that and I keep an eye out for it :o
What was the name of the Scottish fest that had booked Behemoth and Arch Enemy before it got cancelled?